Romney's ridiculous comments on 47% of Americans

fjl2nd

BTW, that recording may be ileagal. Florida is a two party consent state.

It would be funny as shiit if jimmy Carter IV goes to jail for this.

LOL

I can see Republicans attempting to do this, too. Punishing a leaker, sort of like a plumber...or a creep. Tricky Mitt!

Wow.

what a buffoon.

UPDATE: CNBC And Yahoo Finance Readers REALLY Liked Mitt Romney’s Comments.

Watch this “campaign-changing gaffe” become a nonstory as soon as the press decides it’s hurting Obama instead of helping him.

Hi stupid

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also let's not forget my mom who retired with $250k in a 403b and a SS at $2000 per month, and a state teachers pension of $300 per month. She's an undecided Florida teacher who doesn't like Romney on the key issue to her SS & Medicare. Talked to her tonight and she told me she's going with Obama after supporting McCain.

Romney's idiocy just cost him a few %ages of undecided baby boomers.

Here Is What Most Baby Boomers Will Be Thinking when they step into the Ballot box November 6th:

Obama: Strength Social Safety Net > Romney: Privatize & Voucherize Social Safety Net

Edited by BiggieScooby

It's been a pleasant to read through all of the garbage in this thread. Still not finished either.

I can't believe people think these are true:

A. Romney was right

B. This isn't politically toxic

His view that he doesn't need any of those 47% is ridiculous, and his views on who they are and what they do.

What is ironic about the entire debacle is that REPUBLICANS are the reason for so many people not paying federal income taxes. The Reagan and Bush tax cuts had major effects on this and rose the rate. Romney is literally rallying against his own party's "accomplishments".

how is it that romney paid, what was it 12% or something on the tax return he made public? we can start with capital gains taxes. then move to loopholes for offshore accounts and investments, or just move to a blanket statement on moving income to less taxable investments as meazza said. get rid of these possibilities and they'll pay much more. hell, i'm all for a flat tax if the threshold allows for people in the bottom 50% to make ends meet. but it's not required. how bout a minimum percentage of all income on anyone making over 250k. those in the 250 - 500k range would probably not see much increase. people like romney would see a marked increase, as they should. but no, he's written off the bottom 47% before the election and is pandering to folks just like him. ya think that'll change if he wins?

Why didn't Obama change that when they had control of the house and senate?

No lib ever answers this question. After nine months, Barry had 4 months of complete control, which he used to pass Obamacare. Many bills could have been in the pipeline those first 9 months, like Obamacare was, and then voted-in during those 4 months. Not to mention raising the capital gains tax was something Barry campaigned-on (but like most of his other promises, went unfulfilled).

Also let's not forget my mom who retired with $250k in a 403b and a SS at $2000 per month, and a state teachers pension of $300 per month. She's an undecided Florida teacher who doesn't like Romney on the key issue to her SS & Medicare. Talked to her tonight and she told me she's going with Obama after supporting McCain.

Romney's idiocy just cost him a few %ages of undecided baby boomers.

Here Is What Most Baby Boomers Will Be Thinking when they step into the Ballot box November 6th:

Obama: Strength Social Safety Net > Romney: Privatize & Voucherize Social Safety Net

Ask your mom what she thinks will happen to Medicare in 2014 when $716B is cut from it. Versus the Romney/Ryan plan which kicks-in in 2024.

How does anyone think that this video reached MJ without the Romney camp WANTING it to?

Coincidence that it happens the SAME DAY that the video from 1998 where Obama says he "I actually believe in redistribution" was unearthed?

And no, contrary to what duckrodgers above and the progressive left would like to sweep under the rug, it was NOT meant in the spirit of monetary circulation that happens in an economy. If Obama had meant circulation, he would and should have said circulation. He said redistribution, through taxes, from the earners and gifted by political vote-buyers to those who stick out their hands for living.

How does anyone think that this video reached MJ without the Romney camp WANTING it to?

Coincidence that it happens the SAME DAY that the video from 1998 where Obama says he "I actually believe in redistribution" was unearthed?

And no, contrary to what duckrodgers above and the progressive left would like to sweep under the rug, it was NOT meant in the spirit of monetary circulation that happens in an economy. If Obama had meant circulation, he would and should have said circulation. He said redistribution, through taxes, from the earners and gifted by political vote-buyers to those who stick out their hands for living.

if that's the case, then the stupid side of the romney campaign won the battle for control in the inside war recently disclosed by politico.

Ask your mom what she thinks will happen to Medicare in 2014 when $716B is cut from it. Versus the Romney/Ryan plan which kicks-in in 2024.

Or what happens to Social Security in... when was it? The insolvency date keeps getting adjusted sonner and sooner... as Obama and the Democrats are content to kick the can down the road. The way they talk is as if the entitlement tsunami isn't going to hit.

Edited by UConn James

So, you are contending that Romney is a spineless weasel? Not hard to fathom.

I guess you haven't heard the whole thing. Hard to imagine that Romney (dolt that he is more and more appearing to be) could use much of this to his advantage.

BTW- are you implying that Dems somehow released a damning (for many) tape of Romney, in his own words, to counter the Republicans release of a damning video of Obama...or did the Romney people leak the Romney video so that his peeps could see the "real Romney"..the one that he is afraid to show to the rest of the world...you are kind of all over the place on this. You don't work for the Romney folks do you? :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex

So, you are contending that Romney is a spineless weasel? Not hard to fathom.

I guess you haven't heard the whole thing. Hard to imagine that Romney (dolt that he is more and more appearing to be) could use much of this to his advantage.

BTW- are you implying that Dems somehow released a damning (for many) tape of Romney, in his own words, to counter the Republicans release of a damning video of Obama...or did the Romney people leak the Romney video so that his peeps could see the "real Romney"..the one that he is afraid to show to the rest of the world...you are kind of all over the place on this. You don't work for the Romney folks do you? :rolleyes:

I'm "all over the place on this"?!?

I'm not the one who's engaging in this double-agent?/ triple-agent? stuff. That's all you.

We've got two videos released on the same day from both candidates on the topic of wealth redistribution and getting the conversation back on the topic of the economy after it's been muddled in the Arab Autumn for the past week. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're connected. My money says the Romney camp or surrogates released them both, and they have a plan on where they're going to direct the conversation, that is aimed at people who either think too many people are on these programs, that there ought to be a cut-off point for them, and also hold a hand out to people who don't want to be on these programs but have had to swallow their pride in the Obamaconomy and who would get right off of them when a guy who actually knows how the economy works and how jobs are created can get things going where Obama has utterly failed, and pissed away trillions doing it.