Romney's ridiculous comments on 47% of Americans

fjl2nd

There you have it folks. This election is the equivalent of rooting for either Bills or Browns in 2009, when Browns squeaked out the 6-3 win. But in the end, the joke was on both teams (and largely their fans)

Congratulations.

Edited by GG

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm "all over the place on this"?!?

I'm not the one who's engaging in this double-agent?/ triple-agent? stuff. That's all you.

We've got two videos released on the same day from both candidates on the topic of wealth redistribution and getting the conversation back on the topic of the economy after it's been muddled in the Arab Autumn for the past week. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're connected. My money says the Romney camp or surrogates released them both, and they have a plan on where they're going to direct the conversation, that is aimed at people who either think too many people are on these programs, that there ought to be a cut-off point for them, and also hold a hand out to people who don't want to be on these programs but have had to swallow their pride in the Obamaconomy and who would get right off of them when a guy who actually knows how the economy works and how jobs are created can get things going where Obama has utterly failed, and pissed away trillions doing it.

Okay...sorry...you didn't really explain yourself in the original post. However, you are the one asserting that the release of the fund-raiser tape was some sneaky move by the Romney campaign. That wasn't me.

I also don't agree, at all, that Romney's camp would have wanted that tape to come out...but, they have had other miscues, so I suppose that wouldn't be shocking. If you heard the whole tape, Romney did little to dispel any of the negative feelings people might have about him, or, frankly, an element of the Republican party. I also find it kind of depressing that so many Romney supporters are taking this stance that this is what Romney wants to say, but can't in a more public forum...

Edited by Buftex

Or what happens to Social Security in... when was it? The insolvency date keeps getting adjusted sonner and sooner... as Obama and the Democrats are content to kick the can down the road. The way they talk is as if the entitlement tsunami isn't going to hit.

As I said before the Baby Boomers especially those of the working class that are counting on Social Security & Medicare will not line up behind a Presidential candidate who is looking at dismantling these programs. These 2 programs have high favorability ratings among the baby boom demographic, something like 89%. Baby boomers who vote on this issue will likely not support a candidate who tells them their benefits are okay, but your children are screwed. People want to leave a better world for their kids and if this program works for them they will want it for their children & grandchildren.

As I said before the Baby Boomers especially those of the working class that are counting on Social Security & Medicare will not line up behind a Presidential candidate who is looking at dismantling these programs. These 2 programs have high favorability ratings among the baby boom demographic, something like 89%. Baby boomers who vote on this issue will likely not support a candidate who tells them their benefits are okay, but your children are screwed. People want to leave a better world for their kids and if this program works for them they will want it for their children & grandchildren.

So how exactly is President Obama going to keep this program available for them? He's siphoning off $716B from Medicaid for Obamacare. Does he have another magic bullet like that one to keep SS alive?

People want the truth. they are ready to hear that at our current rate the insolvency date keeps approaching sooner than later. They know the system is broken and needs to be fixed or we will not have a system. Period. It's time for big boy talk. The public does not want the can kicked down the road anymore because its not going to make the problem go away, you can't just lie or pretend its "ok" because thats how things have been in the past. Responsible adults know this and are looking for solutions to important issues.

What do fixed rates and 10 year bonds have to do with variable products?

Their performance is fundamental to the actuarial solvency of the major insurance houses. Their values are often factored centrally into the algorithms which caltulate the payout risk of most current products. Any product which guarantees principal and has step-ups for instance.

People want the truth. they are ready to hear that at our current rate the insolvency date keeps approaching sooner than later. They know the system is broken and needs to be fixed or we will not have a system. Period. It's time for big boy talk. The public does not want the can kicked down the road anymore because its not going to make the problem go away, you can't just lie or pretend its "ok" because thats how things have been in the past. Responsible adults know this and are looking for solutions to important issues.

Romney doesn't tell the truth as Obama only lowered the growth of Medicare over the next 10 years

What do fixed rates and 10 year bonds have to do with variable products?

seemed to have avoided discussion on that whole ubs tax cheating for the very rich thing. you brought it up.... or at least a player in your industry did.

and maybe this guy http://current.com/community/93873333_ubs-tax-scandal-romney-s-tax-dodging-exposed.htm was too.

Edited by birdog1960

How anybody be against redistributing income? How would the economy work if nothing was redistributed?

It's called work!!!!

Uhhh...yes we do. Tax collections are historically low.

So reduce spending.

How long have we had a deficit?

Politicians do not believe in fiscal responsibility

Edited by Gary M

Why?

We have a lousy tax system that "favors" the very poor and panders to the very wealthy. One that allows billionaires to claim a salary of $1.00 and and rake in millions on untaxed revenues

Romney proposes keeping the current 15 percent capital gains rate for the estimated 2 percent of households making more than $200,000 a year and eliminating investment taxes for everyone else. Obama wants the rate to rise to 23.8 percent as scheduled in 2013.

Congress set capital gains and regular income tax rates at 28 percent in the bipartisan 1986 tax code overhaul signed by President Ronald Reagan. Subsequent cuts in the capital gains rates and increases in ordinary income rates led to today’s margin between the two.

They feel they are always right and anyone who disagrees with them is an idiot and a liar.

Then they look for dirt so they can ban you from the board.

No, anyone that disagrees and fails to provide one shred of evidence for their ideas is an idiot.

High unemployment.

Not really, most of the unemployed would be the working poor anyway, so they wouldn't pay any income tax.