My blueprint for next year

Problem: the Bills will be over the cap even without re-signing their own free agents.

Solution: cut Eric Moulds, Trey Teague, Drew Bledsoe, Mike Williams.

Trade Travis Henry for 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Re-sign Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams.

Draft:

2nd round: C

3rd round (from Henry): RT

3rd round: RG

4th round: WR

5th round: QB

6th or 7th round: K

Starting offensive line: Jonas Jennings, Chris Vilarrial, and three first-day draft picks.

WRs: Evans as speed WR, Sam Aiken as possession WR. TE: Tim Ehrus. QB: Losman. FB: Daimon Shelton.

Problem: the Bills will be over the cap even without re-signing their own free agents.

Draft:

Starting offensive line: Jonas Jennings, Chris Vilarrial, and three first-day draft picks.

WRs: Evans as speed WR, Sam Aiken as possession WR. TE: Tim Ehrus. QB: Losman. FB: Daimon Shelton.

188928[/snapback]

A touch TOO much change for my taste.

Where did you get the cap figures?

Draft:

188928[/snapback]

No way....those changes are too drastic.....but it is well thought out....

My thoughts.....

- Tell Drew Bledsoe to take a pay CUT...not a restructure....but a cut...and tell him he is NOT guaranteed as the starter next year....let him and Losman play for it in preseason....keep Shane Mathews around.

- Why down on Mike Williams....who was getting close to "dominanat" at his position even with the slow start? It is a lot easier to find guards then it is tackles.

- I actually dont have a problem with Teague either...unless somebody REALLY good pops clear

- First pick should be either the best OL or the Best TE available.....we also need insurance at running back

Woa.

Moulds?Teague?Williams?

All have had solid years and deserve to be back.

Bledsoe is the only one who should be cut from that group.

188931[/snapback]

Moulds has too many drops, especially today, and he's scheduled to count $8.5 million against the cap next year. Sam Aiken had a better day than Moulds today.

Mike Williams is scheduled to make a lot more money next year than this year. With his suspect pass blocking, that's not acceptable. I'd keep him if he agreed to a large paycut.

Teague is being paid like a starter, but he's not strong enough to be a good center in this league.

No way....those changes are too drastic.....but it is well thought out....

My thoughts.....

- Tell Drew Bledsoe to take a pay CUT...not a restructure....but a cut...and tell him he is NOT guaranteed as the starter next year....let him and Losman play for it in preseason....keep Shane Mathews around.

- Why down on Mike Williams....who was getting close to "dominanat" at his position even with the slow start?  It is a lot easier to find guards then it is tackles.

- I actually dont have a problem with Teague either...unless somebody REALLY good pops clear

- First pick should be either the best OL or the Best TE available.....we also need insurance at running back

188959[/snapback]

Completely agree..almost!

O-line first and foremost in the draft..ABSOLUTELY! The guy I like the most is CJ Brooks. Elton Brown and David Baas are very good too.

TE is VERY weak in the draft. Id like us to grab Bubba Franks or Anthony Becht instead!

Completely agree..almost!

O-line first and foremost in the draft..ABSOLUTELY! The guy I like the most is CJ Brooks. Elton Brown and David Baas are very good too.

TE is VERY weak in the draft. Id like us to grab Bubba Franks or Anthony Becht instead!

188972[/snapback]

Tim Ehrus played well for a rookie. It's too early to start replacing him, especially considering all our other needs. It's going to be hard enough to get under the salary cap without adding big-name free agents.

You're wrong about the cap there. Cut Mike Williams? Are you high? Don't give up your day job. the bills are between 6.5 and 8.5 million under the estimated cap for next year. Moulds will have to restructure or be traded. He'll restructure, hopefully. Drew will either restructure and agree that he has to compete for his job and potentially be a backup to JP, or be cut.

Mike Williams is NOT the problem. Anyone who thinks so is reading profootballtalk, the website that slings schitt and 40% of it sticks, and the rest of it just stinks.

The Bills played a bad football game when it mattered most. They have themselves to blame, in the following order as I see it

1. Drew's two bad plays led to two Steelers TDs.

2. MM/TC called a conservative "let's not lose" game. No downfield passes until it didn't matter?! are you kdding?

3. the defense played like schitt

4. the clements fumble cost us 3 and he gave us 7. Enough about that. Drew's play is what hurt this team more than any other single player.

YOU CAN'T KEEP CLINGING TO THE FACT THAT DREW'S A GREAT GUY!

Your QB needs to be a winner. In control. Unshakeable.

You're wrong about the cap there. Cut Mike Williams? Are you high?

189010[/snapback]

The argument I keep hearing about why Drew needs to go is that Drew plays badly when the game matters most, and when the opponent is good. Well, today we faced a good opponent in a must-win game, and Mike Williams played poorly. I think you're overestimating how well he's played throughout the year. When McGahee runs right, he usually doesn't have a lot of running room. Compare that to the job the Pittsburgh offensive line did run-blocking.

Drew will either restructure and agree that he has to compete for his job and potentially be a backup to JP, or be cut.

Mike Williams is NOT the problem. Anyone who thinks so is reading profootballtalk, the website that slings schitt and 40% of it sticks, and the rest of it just stinks.

The Bills played a bad football game when it mattered most. They have themselves to blame, in the following order as I see it

1. Drew's two bad plays led to two Steelers TDs.

2. MM/TC called a conservative "let's not lose" game. No downfield passes until it didn't matter?! are you kdding?

3. the defense played like schitt

4. the clements fumble cost us 3 and he gave us 7. Enough about that. Drew's play is what hurt this team more than any other single player.

YOU CAN'T KEEP CLINGING TO THE FACT THAT DREW'S A GREAT GUY!

Your QB needs to be a winner. In control. Unshakeable.

189010[/snapback]

I agree with most of this post. There should have been more long pass plays for Evans called early in the game. I'm not blaming the fumble entirely on Drew, because part of the problem was clearly bad blocking.

I say that the decision to start Losman needs to be made early in the off-season, so that he can get every snap with the starting unit in every practice and mini-camp. Also, there's a chance that Bledsoe would win a competition against Losman, based on Losman's inexperience. The way Marvin Lewis handled Carson Palmer/Jon Kitna is the right way.