8 things I'd like to see for next season

nodnarb

1. Drew traded, with dignity, to the Parcells for their 2nd round pick. Likely? No. But a man can dream.

2. JP the starter with Shane Matthews and a FA as backups. Shane has looked pretty damn good in his spot duty. He's a smart caretaker type. Perfect for backing up.

3. Keep Travis through his final year. He's worth more as a backup for 1 year than the 4th round pick we'd get.

4. Draft a guard and bring in a FA stud guard.

5. Draft another CB

6. Draft another WR. It appears that Josh Reed is indeed a pretty bad pro. Sometimes you miss.

7. Bring in a FA DE. We won't get away with no DE injuries for another whole season.

8. Bring in a Lamont Jordan type. A big, pass catching brusing 3rd down back.

I still can't believe this happened. This didn't happen, did it? Our coaches didn't call the game to avoid losing, did they? It's not true that they never called a deep pass, is it? It's not true that our vaunted defense couldn't stop their 3rd string runner, is it? It's not true that we were thoroughly outcoached, is it? It's not true that once again, Drew choked in a big game, is it? It's not true that our kicker is scarier than any halloween mask, is it? It's all true, isn't it?

Wow. How far we've fallen in 6 hours.

1. Drew traded, with dignity, to the Parcells for their 2nd round pick. Likely? No. But a man can dream.

2. JP the starter with Shane Matthews and a FA as backups. Shane has looked pretty damn good in his spot duty. He's a smart caretaker type. Perfect for backing up.

3. Keep Travis through his final year. He's worth more as a backup for 1 year than the 4th round pick we'd get.

4. Draft a guard and bring in a FA stud guard.

5. Draft another CB

6. Draft another WR. It appears that Josh Reed is indeed a pretty bad pro. Sometimes you miss.

7. Bring in a FA DE. We won't get away with no DE injuries for another whole season.

8. Bring in a Lamont Jordan type. A big, pass catching brusing 3rd down back.

I still can't believe this happened. This didn't happen, did it? Our coaches didn't call the game to avoid losing, did they? It's not true that they never called a deep pass, is it? It's not true that our vaunted defense couldn't stop their 3rd string runner, is it? It's not true that we were thoroughly outcoached, is it? It's not true that once again, Drew choked in a big game, is it? It's not true that our kicker is scarier than any halloween mask, is it? It's all true, isn't it?

Wow. How far we've fallen in 6 hours.

188910[/snapback]

JP LOSMAN & SHANE MATTHEWS we will be in the afc east basement for sure.

188910[/snapback]

I never even thought of this possibility. I would be all for this scenario.

Is Drew's contract up? If so, we could spend that money on other areas.

Drew isnt going anywhere next year unless he's cut.

188944[/snapback]

Cut him. If he stays on the team,he becomes a cancer like Doug Flutie even if he accepts being on the bench. Too many fans and the press will second guess every time Losman or Matthews makes a mistake.

I agree with your suggestions Nod. I would take whatever I could get for Drew at this point. I am comfortable having JP and Shane battle out in training camp. I remember how impressed the Bills were with Mathews when we signed him.

Cut him.  If he stays on the team,he becomes a cancer like Doug Flutie even if he accepts being on the bench.  Too many fans and the press will second guess every time Losman or Matthews makes a mistake.

188992[/snapback]

Totally disagree.

See that is the problem. The DF/RJ thingy.

The cancer is NOT backing DB. The cancer back then was backing RJ.

Too many people are hung up on the future, the "young."

You gotta give it time once again... New coach, RB, great winning streak... etc...

Don't tear it down... The beast will show its holes!

The Bills are on the edge of something good.

It is the salary cap that clouds all your minds.