What is the average age of the posters on TBD?

Dragonborn10

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41. Was never a real football fan as a kid. More of a baseball fan (still am). Got into football while in the Navy, where there was a lot of home-state pride. The night of the Bills/Giants Super Bowl, I said to my buddies, "okay, we have two New York teams playing. I'm going to flip a coin and if it's heads I'm rooting for Buffalo, tails I'm rooting for the Giants. And whichever team I get, I'm sticking with them for life." Obviously, it was heads. But I've remained a loyal fan through the good times and the bad.

I just turned 31, but this team makes me post like a manic 14 year old girl sometimes--due to the chronic support of wanting them to win--but, watching them consistently draft poorly, coach poorly and play poorly over the last 12 seasons

Still, I love this team and hope!

Always, 24/7 a fan of this team... Go Bills!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Even though I’m only 27 I live and breathe the Bills and have my father to thank.

My Dad has been a Bills fan since the 70’s and is much a fan today than ever before.

He would always take me to Bills games as a kid. In fact, there are pictures of me at Bills games before I even knew I was at Bills games.

Being from Canada, Buffalo has a huge place in our hearts. Not only for the Bills but the city itself. We find ourselves coming down for the weekend just to kick back and relax or driving to Duffs on a Saturday just for dinner then coming back across the boarder afterwards.

It is something that resonates with me and I will be raising my family to be Bills fans too.

I have already converted my wife from being a Colts fan to a Bills fan haha

CBF

72; followed the Bills since Christ was a midshipman. Enjoyed the Super Bowl runs, hated the last thirteen - fourteen years of inept play, part-time players giving some-time effort, lousy coaches, and bottom-feeding results. Not ready to sign on for a re-run of the same old, same old; to do so is to mimic the Bills ownership and administration and I won't do that.

I am 47 and lived in Dansville New York and worked as a welder for 15 years till the company closed the plant and moved to China in 2003. My 1st game was in 1984 against the Broncos but then had season tickets from 1988 to1997. I do not get to go to many games now due to health problems my last game was about 3 years ago my ex son in law drove my car and some hot shot parking lot attendant chewed us out for parking in the handicap lot even though I had my tag hanging in my car. I haven't been to a game since.It just isn't worth the hassle.

43, but still acting like a 12-year-old.

You and me both, Todd, with the age and the maturity.

:lol:

...My first game was in 75 and to you younger Bills fans I am not sure I can even explain to you how great a runner OJ was. Honestly, even the video doesn't do him justice...with respect to football I mean. :P

I was at the game where the 20 game losing streak to the Dolphins came to an end.

I was at Jim Kelly's first game and his last.

I was at the greatest pounding in AFC Championship history and the greates comeback in NFL history.

I attended that first Bills Super Bowl wherein from where I was sitting and for a split second I actually thought the kick was good.

I mention those moments because I will always keep them near and dear to me as I suffer through the seemingly endless football torture of the last 12 years.

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I am 47 and lived in Dansville New York and worked as a welder for 15 years till the company closed the plant and moved to China in 2003. My 1st game was in 1984 against the Broncos but then had season tickets from 1988 to1997. I do not get to go to many games now due to health problems my last game was about 3 years ago my ex son in law drove my car and some hot shot parking lot attendant chewed us out for parking in the handicap lot even though I had my tag hanging in my car. I haven't been to a game since.It just isn't worth the hassle.

Foster Wheeler, eh? I was NDE Supervisor up to the end. Miss the Labor Day balloon rally.

Just turned 50 last week. Grew up a Raiders fan because Marv Hubbard their fullback was from my hometown of Salamanca. Went to my first game 16 October 1977 when the Bills beat the Falcons 3-0 and O.J. got his 10,000th yard. Went the following week when they lost and it was about 30 below zero. It didn't take long for the Bills to grow on me and by the following season, I was a Bills fan and have been a die hard every since. Had season tickets from 79-82 (Talking Proud era) until I joined the Navy in 1982. I followed the Bills for my entire 20 year career in the Navy and the 10 years since, and even though I haven't lived home since 1982, have been home just about every summer since and attended training camp. After living in Japan, Hawaii, Philadelphia and now Virginia since 1993, have never wavered from being a Bills fan, although thoroughly frustrated way too often over the past decade plus. The number of Western New Yorkers and Bills fans down here is unreal, almost every day walking around with a Bills hat and normally a shirt to go with it I get stopped by someone else who is from WNY.

24 and the team was passed on from my dad... my dad was late in HS when the Bills started their playoff runs, so that was obviously the best time to be a Bills fan. My dad passed the Bills onto me at a very young age, and very passionately. I never had a chance to like anyother team

STUPID Mother F@(#*@R% teenagers passing this on to their kids.... He coulda passed on herpes, but no I got the Buffalo Bills instead?!?!? haha thanks alot dad :nana:

You and me both, Todd, with the age and the maturity.

:lol:

...My first game was in 75 and to you younger Bills fans I am not sure I can even explain to you how great a runner OJ was. Honestly, even the video doesn't do him justice...with respect to football I mean. :P

I was at the game where the 20 game losing streak to the Dolphins came to an end.

I was at Jim Kelly's first game and his last.

I was at the greatest pounding in AFC Championship history and the greates comeback in NFL history.

I attended that first Bills Super Bowl wherein from where I was sitting and for a split second I actually thought the kick was good.

I mention those moments because I will always keep them near and dear to me as I suffer through the seemingly endless football torture of the last 12 years.

GO BILLS!

My God you are a saint... you deserve like a get out of jail free card, or lifetime therapy for free card :w00t:

23 - born in Boston to a family of Bills fans. My first real memory was the music city miracle.. and the looks on my father and grandfathers faces at the end of the game.

Welcome to being a bills fan!

I feel sorry for you if your memory only goes back to the Music City Ripoff, it has been all down hill from there.

Yeahhhhh mon.

I'm 24. Born in Buffalo, liked football, so naturally the Bills were my option of fan hood. I have memories here and there of the mid-90s games, but the first time my heart was really broken was the Music City Miracle game. I remember watching with my whole family in our living room and everyone being devastated.

Knowing how my family drinks now as I'm older, I can only imagine the amount of alcohol that was consumed that day.