A pooper with a view...

Just Jack

I'm sure there are other places like this, but I've never seen anything like the men's rooms at the W in Times Square. You're taking a pee and looking out of a double mirror or whatever those are called, and chicks are looking straight at you (but can't see you) while they are combing their hair in the mirror.

I'm sure there are other places like this, but I've never seen anything like the men's rooms at the W in Times Square. You're taking a pee and looking out of a double mirror or whatever those are called, and chicks are looking straight at you (but can't see you) while they are combing their hair in the mirror.

That sounds.... Uncomfortable for everyone. Both sides get to feel watched for different reasons.

That is what I was thinking... Why aren't the windows a one way mirror? Then again, I think the Grainger building in Chicago has a statue on top of it with no face. The logic back then was: "Nothing will be built tall enough to see it."

I wonder - did the women have any idea that a bunch of guys with their **** in their hand were staring at them?

I can't imagine why any designer would go this way

I can't find anything on the W having this. I wonder if they don't have it anymore. But, I see this world class hotel in Louisville does now. This is exactly the experience:

But lets get to the meat of 21C. Their bathroom. It's a sick pleasure of mine watching my friends visit the back gallery just beyond the bathrooms for the first time. I chuckle to myself as they eye themselves in the floor to ceiling mirror making slight adjustments, or even better, fully stopping and stooping in close to fix some makeup or straighten the eyebrows. Why is this funny? Bc on the other side of that one way mirror a man is watching you while he pees. That's right, the urinal IS that mirror, and it's an instillation piece of art. The point is to expose yourself in a certain way, and trust me from experience, you get stage fright trying to pee while people are seemingly looking directly at you hahah.

Other people talk about it on here, too:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/21c-museum-hotel-louisville