How to go from pretender to contender

is to upgrade the QB position. DB will do enough in the regular season against weaker defenses to stay above .500, but he cannot beat top defenses the likes of which we will see in the playoffs.

If we are going to the next level, it won't be with Drew and (for next year at least) I don't think it will be with JP either. We need to bring in a FA QB like Kurt Warner.

is to upgrade the QB position.  DB will do enough in the regular season against weaker defenses to stay above .500, but he cannot beat top defenses the likes of which we will see in the playoffs. 

If we are going to the next level, it won't be with Drew and (for next year at least) I don't think it will be with JP either.  We need to bring in a FA QB like Kurt Warner.

188838[/snapback]

I agree that an upgrade at QB is needed. But I disagree that Kurt Warner is the answer. I also feel it's too early to say JP won't be the guy.

PTR

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Kurt Warner is WORSE than Bledsoe... are you nuts???

NO WAY... the guy's attitude SUCKS. At least Drew is cool about his position here.

The worst part about this situation is that Drew is a good guy and is well-respected in the locker room and throughout the league (as far as I know).

If we move him to number 2, will there be an RJ/Flutie-like backlash with players resenting the coaches or pitting one side of the locker room versus the other? That could be very destructive.

It is easy to say upgrade at QB but who is the alternative??? Let JP compete for the number one spot, but I am not sure he will be ready next year either. Who do you want and who is available. Those are the questions.

If we are going to the next level, it won't be with Drew and (for next year at least) I don't think it will be with JP either.  We need to bring in a FA QB like Kurt Warner.

188838[/snapback]

Kurt Warner is no better than Drew. Besides, his wife looks like a laundromat lesbian.

I say, put JP in there and see what he can do.