The religion of peace.

Gary M

Just because someone like Millbank explains that "this is just the way things are done by Clinton and Obama" doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do.

The Middle East is on fire. Four Americans were killed on the anniversary of 9/11 because no one in DC was prepared for the attacks. Maybe, y'know, he should have some meetings with people. Face to face. Hear what is happening as it's happening as opposed to, y'know, reading a piece of paper. Seems to me you might want to cover your bases on the anniversary of 9/11.

Unless you're somehow under the impression that having four Americans murdered in a coordinated terrorist plot is, y'know, not that big a deal and something we can review on a Blackberry. In which case, you're absolutely correct.

Don't feed the stupidity.

Bush's management style was just different from Obama's. Bush preferred his information verbally and more informally, via briefings (consistent with his management background. Obama prefers it written and more impersonal, as consistent with...I don't know, he doesn't actually HAVE a management background.

Point being, though, that either works, and one will work better for some than others.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point being, though, that either works, and one will work better for some than others.

We seem to be in disagreement then because based on what I've been reading from the Middle East over the past few days, his way doesn't seem to be working very well. Which is the point I'm trying to make. At the very least, four Americans killed on 9/11 in a targeted effort is, y'know, something you might want to have face-to-face meetings about.

But no. I'm feeding the stupidity.

Just because someone like Millbank explains that "this is just the way things are done by Clinton and Obama" doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do.

The Middle East is on fire. Four Americans were killed on the anniversary of 9/11 because no one in DC was prepared for the attacks. Maybe, y'know, he should have some meetings with people. Face to face. Hear what is happening as it's happening as opposed to, y'know, reading a piece of paper. Seems to me you might want to cover your bases on the anniversary of 9/11.

Unless you're somehow under the impression that having four Americans murdered in a coordinated terrorist plot is, y'know, not that big a deal and something we can review on a Blackberry. In which case, you're absolutely correct.

let's say that "chatter" on the intelligence front indicated that militants were planning something to avenge the death of Abu Yahya al-Libi. The NSA, CIA, and National Security Advisor can't get the attention of the president to take action in a written brief? Pretty big leap of faith.

More likely they didn't know or didn't read the signs. Blame our national security team for having their head up their ass, but saying that face-to-face meetings would have made a difference is pure conjecture on your part.

Edited by In-A-Gadda-Levitre

let's say that "chatter" on the intelligence front indicated that militants were planning something to avenge the death of Abu Yahya al-Libi. The NSA, CIA, and National Security Advisor can't get the attention of the president to take action in a written brief? Pretty big leap of faith.

More likely they didn't know or didn't read the signs. Blame our national security team for having their head up their ass, but saying that face-to-face meetings would have made a difference is pure conjecture on your part.

This whole post is pure conjecture as well. Did they TRY to get his attention but he was too busy going to Vegas, or did he just surround himself with an incompetent national security team who couldn't see what was happening and which led to the murder of four Americans on American soil?

One day we'll know.

We seem to be in disagreement then because based on what I've been reading from the Middle East over the past few days, his way doesn't seem to be working very well. Which is the point I'm trying to make. At the very least, four Americans killed on 9/11 in a targeted effort is, y'know, something you might want to have face-to-face meetings about.

But no. I'm feeding the stupidity.

"Don't feed the stupidity" as in "Don't pretend that Bush and Obama have to do everything the same way." Obama prefers written briefs. Bush preferred verbal. As long as they get the information in timely and accurate fashion, who cares?

The bigger point is, no matter how Obama gets his info...what do you expect? You already know he can't lead. You think he's going to act on it effectively? He's a foreign policy numbskull. He gave as many conflicting policy statements on Libya as Bush did on Iraq. His first foreign policy move was to give Russia a reset button, for Christ's sake. If he's demonstrated anything, it's that he could have the greatest intel briefings in the world, and it wouldn't matter, because he'd !@#$ up...or leak the intel. Perhaps it's better he's NOT briefed daily.

Either way, whining about how he's briefed detracts from the more serious problem that he's functionally incompetent. So stop feeding the goddamn stupidity.

This whole post is pure conjecture as well. Did they TRY to get his attention but he was too busy going to Vegas, or did he just surround himself with an incompetent national security team who couldn't see what was happening and which led to the murder of four Americans on American soil?

One day we'll know.

We know now. Five words: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

And even better: Egypt's the far more serious incident. But even Obama doesn't seem to realize that. What does THAT say about him?

4 arrested in Lybia.

http://www.jpost.com....aspx?id=285035

That reminds me, I've been meaning to write this letter:

Dear Islamic people:

We understand that you're upset about this film. In point of fact, most of us Americans either dislike it, or are completely apathetic to it. Two of our most important points in this country are: freedom of religion, which means we as a nation don't take any position on anyone's beliefs, and freedom of speech, which means that we as a nation allow people to speak their mind, whether we agree, disagree, or are apathetic to their opinions.

So please keep in mind: when you see the Reverend Terry Jones do something stupid and offensive, it does not represent the opinions or policies of this nation. So please don't kill random American nationals, it's unnecessary, needlessly inflammatory, and ultimately counter-productive. Instead, please kill that retard Terry Jones, with our blessing.

That reminds me, I've been meaning to write this letter:

Dear Islamic people:

We understand that you're upset about this film. In point of fact, most of us Americans either dislike it, or are completely apathetic to it. Two of our most important points in this country are: freedom of religion, which means we as a nation don't take any position on anyone's beliefs, and freedom of speech, which means that we as a nation allow people to speak their mind, whether we agree, disagree, or are apathetic to their opinions.

So please keep in mind: when you see the Reverend Terry Jones do something stupid and offensive, it does not represent the opinions or policies of this nation. So please don't kill random American nationals, it's unnecessary, needlessly inflammatory, and ultimately counter-productive. Instead, please kill that retard Terry Jones, with our blessing.

From what I heard through the blogs, they were much more upset at Mario Williams performance than anything that was in that video.

Don't buy the propaganda dude.

Remain calm. All is well.

http://www.dailymail...me-protest.html

From your link. Hosni Mubarak?

As the violence continued throughout the day, Egypt's president Hosni Mubarak appealed for calm on live television, a day after Barack Obama issued a veiled warning to the region's leaders to quell the violence and protect America's embassies.

The Egyptian authorities had erected large concrete blocks to block the route to the embassy and deployed hundreds of police.

'Before the police, we were attacked by Obama,' shouted one demonstrator, blaming U.S. President Barack Obama and the U.S. government for insulting the Prophet.

One banner held aloft by demonstrators read: 'It is the duty of all Muslims and Christians to kill Morris Sadek and Sam Bacile and everyone who participated in the film.'

Several demonstrators - some bearded Islamists wearing traditional gallabiya robes and others youths and young men in T-shirts and jeans - waved green and black flags with Koranic verses on them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203291/U-S-embassies-Muslim-world-prepare-violence-Friday-prayers--traditional-Middle-East-time-protest.html#ixzz26TN8Ihdq

Most of the knuckle draggers in the Middle East have lived under totalitarian regimes their entire lives. So everything that happens in their experience is because their government allowed it to happen and made it happen. They don't know/care that in the west, a movie like this piece of tripe can be made without governmental approval. That's a point of disconnect for the mob. I'd wager most of them are illiterate and have no other frame of reference for events like these.

The Arab Spring brought them a hope of some freedom, but they've only chosen another form of totalitarianism.

Most of the knuckle draggers in the Middle East have lived under totalitarian regimes their entire lives. So everything that happens in their experience is because their government allowed it to happen and made it happen. They don't know/care that in the west, a movie like this piece of tripe can be made without governmental approval. That's a point of disconnect for the mob. I'd wager most of them are illiterate and have no other frame of reference for events like these.

The Arab Spring brought them a hope of some freedom, but they've only chosen another form of totalitarianism.

Agreed. It's time to let Gary Johnson in the debates so he can speak the truth about where we should get our foreign relations/military situation in the next couple years.

Edited by TheNewBills

The Arab Spring brought them a hope of some freedom, but they've only chosen got shoved into another form of totalitarianism.

Not to to defend these people. but do you really think they had a say in their current goverment? Iran "elections" come to mind.

I condemn the violence against our American brothers in the middle east. May they RIP.

To all of those that would like to see whole nations of people get wiped off the face of the earth, I have one question.

What makes you any better than those radical savages?

I condemn the violence against our American brothers in the middle east. May they RIP.

To all of those that would like to see whole nations of people get wiped off the face of the earth, I have one question.

Just about everything we do (or don't do)

The color of our skin, of course.

In all seriousness though, I think its an us vs. them mindset. I don't think its really at that point, but if those are the only two options I choose us.

Even the left is agreeing with Romney's initial criticism of Obama. From Kirsten Powers...

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz26TXOKd5s

I have defended the Obama administration against the complaints from the right that they have run an "apology tour" in the Middle East because I believe the US should admit when we make mistakes, such as the accidental burning of Korans. But what we shouldn't do is affirm the wrongheaded view that people should be protected from the free speech of others.

Worse, our leaders shouldn't let our enemies know that when they kill our people and attack our embassies that the US Government will act like a battered wife making excuses for her psychotic husband. Wake up: we weren't attacked because of a movie made by an American. We were attacked because there are crazy religious fanatics who hate the United States. We didn't ask for it.

<snip>

Apparently our foreign policy is now being run by Dr. Phil. Someone needs to explain to the White House that our Constitution protects freedom of religion from government interference, not the protection from people who say mean, critical or offensive things about one's religion.