The religion of peace.

Gary M

Yeah fighting in Afghan for >10 yrs, continued drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere, making up WMD stuff and invading Iraq, daring raid to assassinate bin laden, spending more on defense than rest of world combined, ETC ETC ETC all make us look us very weak. Yeah if thats not enough than more war must be answer. Always is right?

The intellectual vacuum on this board never ceased to amaze. Really embarressed for buffalo these days , and not just the team

I'm pretty sure you didn't read a damn thing I posted.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure you didn't read a damn thing I posted.

Probably not, usually try not to. But you quoted me this time. But hey I'm 100% sure you didn't realizw my post was in response to koolaid even though mine was directly underneath his and referenced his "weak" argument

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Probably not, usually try not to. But you quoted me this time. But hey I'm 100% sure you didn't realizw my post was in response to koolaid even though mine was directly underneath his and referenced his "weak" argument

He didn't make a weak argument, and your silly post didn't have anything to do with anything he said.

As for not reading my posts, I suppose it's OK that you want to remain hopelessly ignorant about most things discussed here, but I'm not at all sure why you'd want to brag about it.

He didn't make a weak argument, and your silly post didn't have anything to do with anything he said.

As for not reading my posts, I suppose it's OK that you want to remain hopelessly ignorant about most things discussed here, but I'm not at all sure why you'd want to brag about it.

Good grief youre a tool. His theme was that timidity on our part makes us look "weak" <---- word he used in his concluding sentence. Stick to Scrabble after your daily dictionary readings, you don't know how to interpret language.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Joe_the_six_pack:

I'm saddened there is not more outrage that soverign US soil was attacked and Americans killed. Where is the outrage? The retaliation? This is an act of war. The Egyptian government at best is inept, at worst condoning. Why have we not cut off their financial aid already?!?

The Islamic fundamentalists view us as being weak and our constant apologizing and lack of leadership only embolden them further.

This is what was said. He made ZERO mentions of going to war. He simply said we should cut off aid. Your unthinking ass went off half cocked if you were responding to this post.

I'm saddened there is not more outrage that soverign US soil was attacked and Americans killed. Where is the outrage? The retaliation? This is an act of war. The Egyptian government at best is inept, at worst condoning. Why have we not cut off their financial aid already?!?

The Islamic fundamentalists view us as being weak and our constant apologizing and lack of leadership only embolden them further.

The fish rots from the head down.

These reactionary pricks should be rounded up in a cage and doused with a fire hose.

"Death to America" because of a lousy movie some idiot made.

Fellas, drop the pissed-off homoeroticism for five seconds and try to join the rest of humanity.

I'm almost hoping they try some seriou ****, so we can show them--once and for all--that they're the fly and we're the windshield.

What else could possibly yank these apes into the 21C?

These reactionary pricks should be rounded up in a cage and doused with a fire hose.

"Death to America" because of a lousy movie some idiot made.

Fellas, drop the pissed-off homoeroticism for five seconds and try to join the rest of humanity.

I'm almost hoping they try some seriou ****, so we can show them--once and for all--that they're the fly and we're the windshield.

What else could possibly yank these apes into the 21C?

There is also talk that this may be a planned attack coordinated by our friends from the Islamic brotherhood or al qaida. This was to coincide with the anniversary of Sept 11 and the mob was chanting " Obama we are all osamas" or something similar.

There is also talk that this may be a planned attack coordinated by our friends from the Islamic brotherhood or al qaida. This was to coincide with the anniversary of Sept 11 and the mob was chanting " Obama we are all osamas" or something similar.

Yeah, the problem is a cop can't shoot a guy who once told another person he was thinking about buying a gun some time.

No. There is, infact, a third option. Total War. Rain fire on them destroying every single bit of their infrastructure, hospital, house, hut, and hovel. Follow this up with a full scale ground invasion, burning their food and poisoning their water supply as we go, killing everything and everyone that moves. We deny them aid from the UN and ourselves, making it known that we will drop a nuclear warhead on any nation who violates this edict or grants asylum to political refugees.

We then colonize behind ourselves, leaving our new border entirely militarized, letting our new neighbors know we are hostile, and that we haven't ended our assaults yet. With 100% compliance and exemplary behavior they don't have to be next.

If there is a "next" use chemical and biological weapons.

If there is a "next" after that, nuclear bombs.

Either they will stop of their own accord, or they will stop because there are none of them left. Either outcome is acceptable.

Yes, because genocide is such a great option. You truly are a complete imbecile.

I'm not a fan of it, but one has to admit it solves a lot of problems if you can pull it off.

At the very least, we should start by getting them all central AC and a subscription to the Playboy channel. If that doesn't work (though I"m confident it will) then we can look into other options.

Part of participating in this global society of ours is tolerating views and practices which may make you upset or uncomfortable. Making that video pretty much makes you an !@#$, but by no means does it justify any violence. Assigning equal blame in this instance as if Muslims are somehow incapable of exercising restraint or judgement when they're angry is beyond foolish. Appeasement has never worked, and will never work.

I'd agree with most of that. The video is provocative but the correct response is to ignore it. Hardly anyone would even get to hear about these videos if the reaction was not so stupid and extreme. The video makers probably wanted this sort of response to prove their point and these idiots did exactly want they wanted. The problem is that some (not all) muslims are pretty much incapable of the restraint you mention. They live in backward societies with poor education and are incapable of just shrugging this sort of thing off as more sophisticated people would be.

I can't even comprehend how ridiculous of a counter point this is that is irrelevant

States don't wage war on mobs. I know that's sort of the idea behind the "war on terrorism," but look how great that's going...

So, again, would I like to see these guys erased? Yup. Is there anything we can honestly do about it? Not really.

I'd agree with most of that. The video is provocative but the correct response is to ignore it. Hardly anyone would even get to hear about these videos if the reaction was not so stupid and extreme. The video makers probably wanted this sort of response to prove their point and these idiots did exactly want they wanted. The problem is that some (not all) muslims are pretty much incapable of the restraint you mention. They live in backward societies with poor education and are incapable of just shrugging this sort of thing off as more sophisticated people would be.

But they are just looking for an excuse to do this crap, a comic, a dumb movie, or some bull **** comment that insults their god.

But they are just looking for an excuse to do this crap, a comic, a dumb movie, or some bull **** comment that insults their god.

I agree. The response is stupid and they seem to get even more outraged about this sort of rubbish than about legitimate issues.

Knowing your background a little bit as I do, Chicot, what is your opinion on what can be done (if anything) to correct this problem? Is it hopeless?

Edited by TheMadCap

Yeah fighting in Afghan for >10 yrs, continued drone strikes in Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere, making up WMD stuff and invading Iraq, daring raid to assassinate bin laden, spending more on defense than rest of world combined, ETC ETC ETC all make us look us very weak. Yeah if thats not enough than more war must be answer. Always is right?

The intellectual vacuum on this board never ceased to amaze. Really embarressed for buffalo these days , and not just the team

Who made up the WMD threat again?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

You mean democrats and republicans were in total agreement regarding the threat posed by Saddam's regime? So both parties must have colluded to lie?

Seems a little far fetched. What other explanations could there be?