Nix/Gailey's backup plan....

turbobike

Did you really believe Nix/Gailey brought in Vince Young and Travaris Jackson to be Fitz's backup? They saw their team win one game in the last 8 last year, now one in nine mostly due to very poor QB play. Answer me this: What other team has FOUR QBs on the their 53 man roster? .........TJ is Nix/Gaileys backup plan.

Did you really believe Nix/Gailey brought in Vince Young and Travaris Jackson to be Fitz's backup? They saw their team win one game in the last 8 last year, now one in nine mostly due to very poor QB play. Answer me this: What other team has FOUR QBs on the their 53 man roster? .........TJ is Nix/Gaileys backup plan.

We have 3 QBs on our roster. As do most NFL teams. Please do not confuse Brad Smith's designation.

GO BILLS!!!

Hard to tell, what those 2 are thinking probably some pressure somewhere to get a viable option AT LEAST on the roster.

It is a sign of mild panic and some very poor decision making to possibly let another season go down the drain because of no adequate quarterback play. Some very stubborn heads appear to have football decision capabilities and they are starting too look exposed. Year 3 and this may look unacceptable unless some progress is made quick.

Edited by Best Player Available

Plan B is if Plan A doesn't work out: make sure you mess things up enough the obvious and only option will be to sell and move team @ Ralph's passing.

Honestly I think it's best for everyone at this point. This area does not khow to support building a winning franchise anyway. Fans en mass defend the massive overpaying of a bum like Fitz because he's a "Buffalo" guy, and attack a world class athlete like M Williams for putting refs on notice for not calling penalties.

Seriously, close it up, move it ... IMO NFL should be done here. Other cities like LA want a team and have a much better chance at supporting it. It was a fun an interesting ride, lots of good memories, unique story unlikely to ever be duplicated, but it's time to move on. If NFL were starting today there's no way one of the 32 franchises would be awared to Buffalo.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Plan B is if Plan A doesn't work out: make sure you mess things up enough the obvious and only option will be to sell and move team @ Ralph's passing.

Honestly I think it's best for everyone at this point. This area does not khow to support building a winning franchise anyway. Fans en mass defend the massive overpaying of a bum like Fitz because he's a "Buffalo" guy, and attack a world class athlete like M Williams for putting refs on notice for not calling penalties.

Seriously, close it up, move it ... IMO NFL should be done here. Other cities like LA want a team and have a much better chance at supporting it. It was a fun an interesting ride, lots of good memories, unique story unlikely to ever be duplicated, but it's time to move on. If NFL were starting today there's no way one of the 32 franchises would be awared to Buffalo.

I posted this in another thread. I'm at the point where I just don't F#%KING CARE ANYMORE!!! Let someone have them that will actually succeed with them and build a real franchise. I'm at the point where I'm sick of being the joke of the league. Man, only if the Lions still sucked we could have some hope. Not anymore. My faith is fading really fast.

That first overall choice is looking better and better.

There is no backup plan, or they would have used it Sunday when they were getting manhandled by the Jets. The Bills defense made Mark Sanchez look like an all pro, superstar QB.

Did the Bills even use the WC at all? Seems like it might have been a better option after the first QTR.

This regime is clueless, no rookie QB in 3 drafts, and even when they knew they needed a top #2 WR they wait until the 3rd round and reach for a 4th-5th rounder. It tells so much that the Jets Stephen Hill caught 2 TD passes and the Bills TJ Graham was inactive because he wasn't ready.

The team moving at Ralph's passing is already in the bag. That is a given, unless something very strange happens and the New York welfare state steps in or Ralph was kidding about his estate being required to sell to the highest bidder (who won't keep the team in an area with the lowest ticket prices in the league and zero national interest in their brand). Bills fans should worry more about the health of the owner rather than the health of the team. The team will recover this season to one degree or another, the owner may not.

There is no backup plan, or they would have used it Sunday when they were getting manhandled by the Jets. The Bills defense made Mark Sanchez look like an all pro, superstar QB.

Did the Bills even use the WC at all? Seems like it might have been a better option after the first QTR.

This regime is clueless, no rookie QB in 3 drafts, and even when they knew they needed a top #2 WR they wait until the 3rd round and reach for a 4th-5th rounder. It tells so much that the Jets Stephen Hill caught 2 TD passes and the Bills TJ Graham was inactive because he wasn't ready.

So we should have passed on Cordy Glenn to draft a WR?

Chan Gailey will be 61 in January. Buddy Nix will be 73 in December.

Both are making exceptionally good money compared to most others in their age group.

Plan B is comfortable retirement.

Riding off into the sunset together with RW's money. No one says they're not trying, but their attempts at rebuilding a roster and coaching said roster aren't enough.

If they really brought both Young and Jackson in to replace Fitz, then they have less football intelligence then I thought they did. I guess they will spend $100 million on a Defensive End but only want a bargain basement, castoff for the quarterback position? I don't buy your theory, and even if you are correct, we are no better off, still in big, big, big, big trouble.

I wouldn't be surprised if the team is out of here when Ralphy dies, but to say the team doesn't know how to support a winner, well it has been so long maybe they have forgotten. If this organization had put the heart, effort, percentage of their income, not to mention even the common sense of the drunkest fan in the stands, we might not have had this losing franchise for the past decade and a half, and 80% of it's existence.

You must be close to dying. I am not. I want the Bills to stay.

That's a lousy backup plan.

So we should have passed on Cordy Glenn to draft a WR?

Naa, Glenn looks like the real deal at LT so far.

Was Gilmore that much better and more needed the a #2 WR? Was Michael Floyd graded that much worse?

Anyway, the Bills took Glenn, and 2 picks later the Jets got Hill in a trade with the Seahawks. Why is it so difficult for the Bills to make trades or find a decent rookie QB?