Bills grades, Week 1

Jerry Jabber

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/9/11/3316988/grading-the-bills-week-1

"Coaching: F

Just like Fitzpatrick, if anyone deserves a lower grade than F, then that honor should be shared with Chan Gailey, Bruce DeHaven and Dave Wannstedt. The Bills looked like they were still in preseason mode. The Bills defense looked very vanilla, and barely brought any blitzes. Wannstedt did a very poor job of making changes throughout the game.

Here are some post game quotes from Gailey: '“We need to tighten up our coverage which will help our pass rush,” why thank you, Captain Obvious!

"This is a cliché and I understand it. It is one of sixteen and if you win enough, you get in the playoffs.” I have two problems with this quote. First off, Gailey has been preaching since day one as Bills HC that he doesn’t hope to win, he expects to win. So, now Gailey has either lowered his expectations, or has been blowing smoke up our collective butts. Second, while Sunday’s game was only one of 16, it was against a division rival [Jets], and the game is only one of six. Right now, the Bills are 0-1 in the AFC East. Last season, the Bills were 1-5 in the division. The better your win/loss record is in the division, the better the chances you’ll have of making the playoffs."

I couldn't agree more. It might have been just one game, but it also happened to be a divisional game, and you only get six of those a year.

http://www.buffaloru...he-bills-week-1

"Coaching: F

Just like Fitzpatrick, if anyone deserves a lower grade than F, then that honor should be shared with Chan Gailey, Bruce DeHaven and Dave Wannstedt. The Bills looked like they were still in preseason mode. The Bills defense looked very vanilla, and barely brought any blitzes. Wannstedt did a very poor job of making changes throughout the game.

Here are some post game quotes from Gailey: '“We need to tighten up our coverage which will help our pass rush,” why thank you, Captain Obvious!

"This is a cliché and I understand it. It is one of sixteen and if you win enough, you get in the playoffs.” I have two problems with this quote. First off, Gailey has been preaching since day one as Bills HC that he doesn’t hope to win, he expects to win. So, now Gailey has either lowered his expectations, or has been blowing smoke up our collective butts. Second, while Sunday’s game was only one of 16, it was against a division rival [Jets], and the game is only one of six. Right now, the Bills are 0-1 in the AFC East. Last season, the Bills were 1-5 in the division. The better your win/loss record is in the division, the better the chances you’ll have of making the playoffs."

I couldn't agree more. It might have been just one game, but it also happened to be a divisional game, and you only get six of those a year.

What? What the !@#$ is that verbal oatmeal? Did they transplant Jauron's brain into Gailey's head?