Quotes like this don't inspire hope...

The Bills almost never blitzed - sending 4 rushers on almost every play.

The Jets protection plan called mostly for the tight end or running back to stay and help - leaving 6 blockers on almost every play.

Exactly. As Mike Singletary says, send more rushers than they can block. If we can't get pressure with 4, throw in some corner and safety blitzes.

Our secondary didn't look like they knew where they were. I haven't seen DBs play that far back since Dick left town.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Play the Byrd and Wilson over the top, with the CB's up pressing the WR's at the line. The only time you give them a 8 yard cushion is at 2nd & 20. Its going to be the same with Cassel both Cassel and Sanchez are pretty similar QB's they make the leaving off the short throw. I think we defiantly have to go a CB pressing Bowe with a safety over the top. The other one we have to take away is McCluster, need Rogers on him IMO, only CB thats able to go with him. Keep McKelvin off the field except for kick returns, get Rogers some snaps the kid has serious upside.

Yes i agree but more important is adjustment. Make sound adjustments at the right times. Easy for us to say i know. But my blind dead cat could see it wasnt working lol

This. How can us idiot fans identify obvious problems but coaches are so rigid in their gameplanning to realize they need to change something

This will happen a few plays a week with every team. Short of sitting a guy like revis on megatron, it's just a reality of the nfl.

I don't think they mean using a S for backup coverage, but using the S as the primary cover guy on the top WR.

This will happen a few plays a week with every team. Short of sitting a guy like revis on megatron, it's just a reality of the nfl.

Constantly playing 8yds off a WR is part of their scheme. Not covering the number 1 WR in a critical point of the game is either a bad play call or blown assignment

Free safeties will play man coverage at times. Sometimes the play will put him on the number one guy. It happens.

Free safeties will play man coverage at times. Sometimes the play will put him on the number one guy. It happens.

...If you have an elite safety like Troy Polomalu and you have a defensive scheme that uses complex blitzes.

It's an exception to the rule, with the right personnel. Unfortunately we don't have that personnel. For Byrd to be man to man on 3rd and 3 and playing off 10 yards is a mismatch plain and simple. It's the job of the D-Coordinator to call the right plays to minimize mismatches and put his players in the best position for success. That's not it.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

...If you have an elite safety like Troy Polomalu and you have a defensive scheme that uses complex blitzes.

It's an exception to the rule, with the right personnel. Unfortunately we don't have that personnel. For Byrd to be man to man on 3rd and 3 and playing off 10 yards is a mismatch plain and simple. It's the job of the D-Coordinator to call the right plays to minimize mismatches and put his players in the best position for success. That's not it.

I'm not arguing its ideal, just that it's not totally unique. no, it's not just elite players, and yes Byrd is better than average. It happens to pretty much every team at some point in a game.

The cushion is a whole different discussion.

Edited by NoSaint

Again, more to the picture than meets the eye.

The "Tighten up " was a song performed vividly by an entertainer some of you older folks will recall. James Brown.

Tighten up means exactly what it looks like when he did it.

There was a tshirt design hundreds of years ago that has two smiling turds facing at each other with catchy phrase " get your s*%+ together.

same thing.

stop fooling around and act right Stephon, Aaron, Leodis, and you too Terrance.

and make it funky..... mmmmmmmgoodgod

nice reference! "hi , im archie bell and the drells and we are from i from houston texas"

"We don't only sing - but we dance just as good as we walk"

(one of my favorites)

Well, I'll be darned:

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=8368

James Brown performed this song at some of his live shows - it's one of the few songs he performed but did (not) write. His version can be found on the 1968 album Say It Live And Loud: Live In Dallas.

Edited by Dennis in AZ

I dont understand how we have two BIG corners and NOT bump and run.....havin these guys just play coverage was a horrific idea fom the start...didnt they relise that after the first td was scored last Sun.? Wanny wats goin on upstairs?

everyone thought Wanny was up in the box

However, Wanny just told everyone that and stayed home instead

His cell phone died and he was unable to call in any adjustments

Edited by spartacus