All Access 22 film

Wayne Cubed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sat right behind Fitz on that pick 6. His protection was good. It was just a bad decision.

PTR

As were we. On each of the INTs, everyone wondered why he made the throws, based on the coverage on the plays. At least on the first one, there was a wide open received down the field that he never looked at. On the others, there were no open Bills.

I'd like to know what kind of pockets Fitz had on his picks, mostly clean ones, or not?

Had a couple looks at the first pick. Stevie was open, on a soft coverage by Revis. The protection in the pocket looks good. The problem I see, is Fitz pats the ball, he hesitates. Instead of hitting Stevie when he's open he pats the ball and that hesitation allows Revis to recover.

the obvious questions for me revolve around the CB vs WR matchup on the outside - going both ways.

for our offense - the depth of the routes, depth of the primary reads, how much that may be influenced by coverage vs what we want to dictate. i know the jets have really strong corners and our route trees in the passing game focus around reading the defense - how much baiting there was. not just playing off and jumping a route, but imitating man coverage and then dropping into zone a few steps into the play for instance, adding an extra layer of confusion with fitz and the WR having to both see the same thing AND the correct thing AND execute it assuming they do both read it properly. i really think that the reason we were able to catch the patriots last year, but not the jets might play into this theme some.

for defense - id be curious in more broad strokes, as i cant claim to be an expert in DWs secondary strategy. general trends like the breakdown on man vs zone, base vs nickel vs dime (and how that compared to the packages the jets had), how the coverage shell varied situationally etc....

i know thats a lot of info, but any tidbits you might pickup along the way would definitely be informative.

Edited by NoSaint

If you really wanna go the extra mile, have fun with the telestrator feature, do some screen grabs, and really break it down! The all-22 is crazy awesome (especially on iPad)

I have played around with that feature, it's really nice. Only thing that bothers me, on the iPad, is you can't rewind back to previous plays.

Had a couple looks at the first pick. Stevie was open, on a soft coverage by Revis. The protection in the pocket looks good. The problem I see, is Fitz pats the ball, he hesitates. Instead of hitting Stevie when he's open he pats the ball and that hesitation allows Revis to recover.

Yep. He triple hitched that throw to Stevie on the Revis pick. He was a day late on that throw. I seem to recall that play working against Revis last year and that it set him up for the double move later on in the game. Oh well.

GO BILLS!!!

As far as the coverage was concerned, here are some pics that sum it up:

n0FaOdtj7XIViDCn11EQmgxp1.jpg

The first picture is just after the snap, as you can see.. the corners are giving quite the cushion..

u1L45bNGRlROMfY6PzlNAQ28U.jpg

This is just as Sanchez is winding up to throw. Now granted, it was a 3 step drop, but 2 WR's are now open or will be open. Prime pickings for any QB. I could take multiple snap shots and you'd see just about the same from a lot of plays.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

As far as the coverage was concerned, here are some pics that sum it up:

n0FaOdtj7XIViDCn11EQmgxp1.jpg

The first picture is just after the snap, as you can see.. the corners are giving quite the cushion..

u1L45bNGRlROMfY6PzlNAQ28U.jpg

This is just as Sanchez is winding up to throw. Now granted, it was a 3 step drop, but 2 WR's are now open or will be open. Prime pickings for any QB. I could take multiple snap shots and you'd see just about the same from a lot of plays.

i get that - but i was getting at what the underlying strategy was - there had to be more than just "stay far away from the closest receiver"

and truly in the jets matchup im 100% more interested in what their corners ran - but i think some of the questions i had are kind of complex for you or I at home to answer as we dont know the reads and are not expert enough to guess them, likely.

Jeez. And two LBs bunched together in the middle of the field doing absolutely nothing. Come on, Wanny.

i think comments like this have a lot to do with why the nfl took so long to release the 22 view. not saying its wrong, just that coaches wont like the analysis without context of their assignments.

I gotta think the Bills went into this game thinking "stop the run" and force Sanchez to throw to beat us. After all, they'd been gashed on the ground the prior six games. Not adjusting at halftime was a bad decision.

There is a positive to this though. The Jets got a freebie and forced the Bills to fix a week area. It'll be a LOT harder to do this in December!

I gotta think the Bills went into this game thinking "stop the run" and force Sanchez to throw to beat us. After all, they'd been gashed on the ground the prior six games. Not adjusting at halftime was a bad decision.

There is a positive to this though. The Jets got a freebie and forced the Bills to fix a week area. It'll be a LOT harder to do this in December!

Not adjusting at halftime is a red herring as the score was 31-7 in first minute of third quarter. Jets went into prevent offense after that.

Edited by GG

This way of looking at the game is the cats pj's. I spend time watching each player more than once especially rookies.

I realized this week i need to hold my tongue till i rewatch.

Now i can drink beer and have fun during the game and not worry about being as focused as i used to be.

well worth it the investment for me

but even better WayneCubed is giving us a great recap. Thanks !

I would like to get another opinion if LB's and Safeties coming up to play run support are redirecting recievers in the middle of the field......

It looked like we were letting guys run free with no chuck

I'd say Barnett, as you might possibly be able to see in the pictures above, was guilty on this early. But did improve as the game went on. When Scott was on the field I wasn't impressed with his coverage as well.

i think comments like this have a lot to do with why the nfl took so long to release the 22 view. not saying its wrong, just that coaches wont like the analysis without context of their assignments.

I agree with this, it's hard to know assignments when I'm watching. Hell I have to watch a play at least 5 times to focus on different areas and see what players are doing. In the end I can only guess as to what went wrong. I do think seeing the whole picture helps understand some things much better.