Tales of Customer Service

ajzepp

Excellent customer service is near and dear to my heart since it's such a large part of what I do. I tend to get very frustrated when colleagues don't provide something close to the same level of service that I provide, just as I will always recognize those who go out of their way to meet or exceed it. Naturally this carries over to when I'm on the other side of things, as a consumer. I have low expectations for customer service typically, and I am a very patient and understanding person for the most part, but when it's either exceptional or very poor it will certainly impact my overall view of a company/individual.

That being said, I thought it would be interesting to hear some examples of the best and worst customer service you guys have experienced as consumers. I thought of this after just getting home from one of the absolute BEST experiences Ive ever had. I blew a tire on the way home from work this weekend, which really came at a bad time since I'm just getting back to work from extended medical leave. Yesterday I called a place called Discount Tires, which I think is a national chain, and made an appointment. The guy on the phone was pretty helpful and cordial, which I appreciated. So anyway I'm driving over on my bubble tire and a prayer, I pull into the parking spot, and head in the door. The SECOND I walk through the door there is a tech who comes over and says, "mazda...you have a 2:30 appointment, right sir?" I told him I did, he promptly took my keys and said, "we'll get right on it." I stood in line for a minute while the rep was finishing up another customer. The guy pulls up my info from yesterdays phone call, confirms the tire I wanted, and asks if I'd like to go ahead and pay now. I pay the bills, he shakes my hand and says it will only be a few minutes if I'd like to have a seat. Literally less than ten minutes later the first guy comes driving up along the curb right outside the lobby, comes in to give me my keys, hands me my warranty paperwork, and I'm on my way. The entire ordeal took all of about 15 minutes from the time I walked into the door until the time I drove away.

Needless to say, I was pretty damn happy with how I was treated today...

Please feel free to chime in with your experiences, good or bad...

Worst: Time Warner. Too many reasons to list here.

Second worst: Best Buy (ordering online was an absolute nightmare.)

Best: DirecTV. Many reasons, the latest of which was when I had to suspend my service due to moving. Of course, there's no charge for that. Also, credited me for my Sunday Ticket and gave me another $70 on top of that. Always willing to work with their customers (at least, that's the experience I've had.)

Discount tire is great. They will rotate your tires for free. I recommend them highly.

I enjoy Time Warner, I am just good at talking and can usually get my way. Plus, I ended up hooking up with a chick who answered my call about a service problem. I mean, she had my number and info...and I said she should use it. She did...quite the little cutie, too. I think she may have been engaged, though.

Funny, I've mentioned my experience with Discount Tires to a few people today (in addition to posting it here) and others have echoed the same sentiment. Apparently this is a company that really deserves some recognition for the way they treat their customers...kudos to them!

GoBills78, Im with you on DTV....I've had great service from them, as well. Tons better than the experience I had with dish.

Funny, I've mentioned my experience with Discount Tires to a few people today (in addition to posting it here) and others have echoed the same sentiment. Apparently this is a company that really deserves some recognition for the way they treat their customers...kudos to them!

GoBills78, Im with you on DTV....I've had great service from them, as well. Tons better than the experience I had with dish.

Best customer service was given by the corner whore house. Service.with a smile.

In all seriousness, visit Europe and come and tell me what bad customer service is about