Congrats Mike Mularkey

Nanker

During the winning streak, DB was avoiding sacks extremely well.  He was sidestepping the rush, stepping up in the pocket, and even scrambling for first downs.

Today, he didn't do that...  But to say he doesn't/can't do that isn't very accurate IMHO.

I agree on the OL.  I also think we need to get rid of Reed.  Aiken has shown to be a good #3.  No worse than Reed anyway...

CW

189826[/snapback]

Good call...

I guess I should have clarified it CW--it would have been more accurate to say he has proven he can do it against B tier competition -- but against teams that execute more complex coverage schemes and have more talent on the defensive front 7 (the Pats and Steelers) he reverts back to Old Drew....the result however is if we can't get past those two teams--we can't go anywhere.....

Eh, im okay with mcgee.  I think he is coming on and needs to develop a bit.  Should be okay long-term.  Still need a corner though, insurance if clements leaves.

Other needs (in no order)

TE (Again....Mularkey was a TE and I think he wants a TE to be more involved with the game plan)

K (Need I say why)

LB (Depth)

WR (Dont think Aiken and Reed are the answer, and Moulds is getting older)

RB (If Henry is gone, Need someone else on the bench, because it looks like mcgahee will not be extremely durable)

DT (Resign phat pat or we will need someone. What ever happened with Tim Anderson?  Is this guy still on our team?)

OL (Played better as the season went on, resign jennings)

S (Milloy and Vincent are aging)

Mostly cosmetic moves needed.  I dont think we need to take many drastic steps here, but we NEED to find someone who can kick 28 yard field goals on a consistent basis.  We also need to start worrying about aging players, and finding replacements for them.

Also important, I hope Jerry Gray doesnt leave for a HC job.  And we all have to endure another season of Tom Modrak interviewing with every available club for a GM spot (PLEASE dont be the dolphins...)

189325[/snapback]

TE: Tim Euhrus was quietly getting better before having a season-ending injury. Any time your two best TEs go out with injury, you won't look good there. If we can get a game-changing TE we should go for it, but if it's just a chance to get a competent player at the position we shouldn't bother. We already have two guys who meet that description.

WR: I agree this is a need, and would become more of a need if we follow my advice and cut Moulds. Brett Favre actually became a better QB after Sterling Sharpe's career was prematurely ended by injury. Instead of locking in to one guy, Favre started distributing the ball better. Aiken outplayed Moulds today, so there is a chance Aiken is the answer. It's too bad he didn't get more playing time during the year so that we could know where we stand with this guy.

RB: Shaud Williams is good enough to be a backup RB, and I like Joe Burns as a number 3. This team has more pressing needs than upgrading the McGahee/Shaud Williams/Burns trio.

OL: This is probably our biggest need.

S: Rashad Baker is our FS of the future, but we are thin at SS.