Jerry "The King" Lawler collapses at WWE event

Just Jack

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/dish/201209/commentator-collapses-during-wwe-match

Jerry Lawler, a staple of the wrestling world for more than four decades, collapsed Monday night while announcing a match in Montreal.

Lawler, nicknamed "The King," was given CPR by ringside trainers after he stopped breathing. According to reports, Lawler was then taken to the emergency room at a hospital in Montreal. Michael Cole, who was broadcasting the match with him, said Lawler was responsive and was reacting to doctors.

holy crap...my kids watch raw all the time...was it televised?

From what I've found online, it was not. There are cell phone videos from the upper deck after he collapsed that show people rushing to the annoucer table, then him being carried out, but nothing of the actual event.

Some, not verified, comments - it was a heart attack, and he was "dead" for 20 minutes.

One of my favorite wrestling memories was a special tag team event with jerry the king lawler with his crew of little kings vs the 123 kid and his crew. It was great

I'll have to find a video of that lol.

My favorite memory of the King was when he had a series of cage matches vs the Macho Man pre-WWE. King was in his prime and Macho was just entering it...truly an epic match-up. Macho hit a flying elbow off the top of the cage that was even more impressive than the classic Superfly Snuka leap onto the belly of Don Muraco.

One of my favorite wrestling memories was a special tag team event with jerry the king lawler with his crew of little kings vs the 123 kid and his crew. It was great

Along those lines I was always partial to the survivor series match of lawler and his midgets "sleezy, queasy, and cheesy" vs doink the clown and his midgets "dink, wink, and pink"

Along those lines I was always partial to the survivor series match of lawler and his midgets "sleezy, queasy, and cheesy" vs doink the clown and his midgets "dink, wink, and pink"

Yes!! That's the match. I remember him hating and always interfereing with the 123 kid but I got him.mixed up with doink the clown.

Jerry cheesy weezy and sleezy. Vs doink dink wink and pink was the funniest match ever

Just looked it up.1994 survivor series. The royal family vs. Clowns R us

Looks like he's in the clear!

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/WWE/article10027332.shtml

Can't believe they had to defib the guy multiple times...that's pretty remarkable if he makes a full recovery. A lot of times the coding process can do more damage than the damn heart attack.