Secondary Coaching

So besides the turnover machine called Fitz yesterday, to me the poorest part of our game was the play by the secondary.

Our cornerbacks consist of 2 1st round picks (granted one of them was playing his first game) and a 2nd round pick in his second season, as well as a veteran. We have another 2nd rounder who made the pro bowl in his rookie season and a decent veteran playing at Safety.

Given the amount of high round young talent (and seemingly dependable veterans) shouldn't we demand more of our secondary? Is it time for Catavolos to go?

The JETS DB's seemed to challenge our short passes alot and made some nice bat downs and Int's. I am baffled why the Bills DB's just let the guys turn and curl, with about a 5 yd cushion? Chan said this morning that the secondary played too soft. Not sure how an NFL team doesn't prepare it's DB's to play some football?!? it was a huge reason why the Jets converted 72% on 3rd downs.

The JETS DB's seemed to challenge our short passes alot and made some nice bat downs and Int's. I am baffled why the Bills DB's just let the guys turn and curl, with about a 5 yd cushion? Chan said this morning that the secondary played too soft. Not sure how an NFL team doesn't prepare it's DB's to play some football?!? it was a huge reason why the Jets converted 72% on 3rd downs.

Thats why Chan should not be a HC...he cannot motivate players at all

I agree with Chan taking the blame... Rex knows how to make average players feel like super heroes and can motivate his guys to play hard... Chan definitely doesn't do that... In his interviews he sounds like he can motivate guys with a tough attitude but that's all talk before it happens... Chan's job is to coach n keep an eye on all phases of the game... No one said It's an easy job but hey man, you gotta adjust to the style of play these young guys play... Therefore a younger or at least more "modern" coach is needed to be able to emotionally connect to his players... Chan doesn't even know how to text message on a phone probably...