My take on what went wrong (and right) yesterday!

ChevyVanMiller

I'm going to have to disagree with your analysis..... of the food. I'd have to give the nod to Trusellos over Smith Brothers pizza. I do miss the Vincenzo's greasy pies the most though.

Not to devolve this down to a food discussion, 5 Wide, but I really miss Vincenzo's too. I'll be doing Trusello's in a future week (maybe with an E. Antonio's comparison).

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I like how you took the bad with the good. CJ, Kelsay and Cordy were all promising. The fact is that the D-line, Chan, Fitz, the LB's, corners and safeties were so bad, that any positives were so far outweighed. I sat in my office all afternoon wondering why the heck I support such a team. I must be a masochist. But, it's game one and they can't get much worse. :thumbsup:

Things I considered today:

We knew what Fitzpatrick was two years ago. He can put together good games. He can read most defenses well. But, he will always make bad throws that good QB's don't often make, and he'll always have his share of bad games - which all adds up to a QB who cannot be relied upon to carry a team throughout a season into the playoffs and beyond. In other words, he's a good mentor, backup QB who is being paid as a starter. In every attempt at fairness, he can play like a good QB at times, and seem like a legitimate starter - but, when it is all said and done, he ends up eventually just not being enough. I'm merely a fan and I saw this years ago. This front office should have, by now, gotten a young QB in here to develop, someone with promise who we can turn to, instead on putting another entire season on one often failing QB.

Despite the way our defense looked - bad - I really believe the Jets personnel and game plan are practically the epitome of what this defense plays worst against. We should have much more luck going forward. I think Mario is getting a little too much heat here, too, because I think he was neutralized more by gameplan than by poor play, although, on the whole, for a player with his reputation and salary, he needs to be felt much more than he has thus far.

Our WR's are just not good enough. Again, this F.O. should have done more to address this by now. There seems to be an attitude with Gailey that he can outsmart opponents, or out-coach them, and so he does not need superior talent. After this game, and last season, what he appears to me more than anything is stubborn and a bit presumptive. He cannot expect this offense to go far without deep speed, and a QB who can throw it accurately beyond 15-20 yard passes.

I hope they make adjustments - and I expect we'll see a better defense this coming week, but as for Fitz, I don't really expect more than what we've seen already - good and bad, and in the end, not enough.

It is sad that there isn't even a young QB prospect on the roster now or throughout the past few seasons.. Why was Fitz entitled the starter position after proving that he was mediocre before he got here and after the season he played here?

Being mediocre at best, management still decided to not even take a flier on a QB in some of the later rounds of these past drafts (not 7th round Levi Brown).

This is another wasted losing season. It should at least be a losing season with a young learning but capable QB who has some promise..