marty ball

nuklz2594

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, living in Philly & listening to their hysterical fans, I always ask them why Coughlin is 0-2 vs Reid in playoff games if he is such a vastly superior "postseason coach". Have gotten exactly zero answers to date.

Is this a joke? You're not sure why Coughlin is a better post-season coach than ....Andy Reid?? Maybe no one has responded because they don't take the question seriously.

I see. The fumble itself means nothing. It's that Denver recovered it.

Here's a concept. Denver cannot recover what wasn't fumbled to begin with.

Yes, lets. Here is a piece you bolded:

"Marty’s kickers missed 14 of their 35 playoff kicks, so that his opponents, despite basically the same number of attempts, made 8 more."

Feel free to point out where the author attempts to explain why this happened. Show me something, anything from that article that shows or attempts to show why Marty's kickers missed 14 of their 35 playoff kicks.

Your strawman arguments are becoming tiresome.

Marty is a lousy playoff coach because his records says so: 5-13. That's lousy.

Once again, I was comparing people like you, who are defending Martys 5-13 playoff record as being due to 'luck', to people who defended DJ's overall record.

I'll make it more clear for you. It's called denial.

It's great that you ignore the part where his teams forced more fumbles than their opponents & throw in a sarcastic "I guess the fumble itself meant nothing" :doh: Really?

Then you bring up a horrible Jauron analogy out of nowhere and accuse me of playing straw-man....

Classic.

Pretty obvious the FG % is due to bad coaching, you got me there.

Is this a joke? You're not sure why Coughlin is a better post-season coach than ....Andy Reid?? Maybe no one has responded because they don't take the question seriously.

So why is he 0-2 vs him in playoff games?

Edited by BuffOrange

Why would anybody want another out of date coach! That team needs a complete overhaul and fresh thinking

What gets me is in 09 before Nix hired Chan Gailey the Bills wanted to interview Marty's son for the Bills HCing job, who was the Jets OC at that time. Brian Schottenheimer refused the interview and stated he was staying with the Jets

The Bills could have hired Marty as HC, and then I would expect Marty would in turn have hired his son away from the Jets to run the Bills offense. To me Marty S has a wealth of experience turning bad teams into winners, his son could have been hired at almost the start and learned right from his father.

The biggest problem with Chan Gailey is that he didn't hire good experienced NFL coaches for his assistants. AFAIK Gailey is still setting up the offensive game plans and still calls all his own plays like he has done the past 2 years. George Edwards was clearly a huge mistake at DC even tho he had some past experience in the NFL. A lot of assistants Gailey hired with from the college ranks going back to his days as HC of GT.

I'm starting to wonder if Dave Wannstedt was a smart move for DC as the defense didn't look any better then the defenses that Edwards fielded. Considering all those early draft picks on that defense I would think they would have played so much better then they did. Not to mention the 100 million spent on a premier pass rusher.