Why quit with 6 mins. left

bonechiller

Am I nuts or what?

It seems like the game was over way too early.

On the Drive stevie scored on the announcers were talking about it being nice for the Jets to get thwe second and third string DB's some work.

I mean I know it was ugly, but lots of time left.

Stevie J. scores with 5:58 left to come within 13 points (coming back is not out of the question)

Then they onsides kick (?) right to Tebow, and it seemed like they just gave up on defense!

Maybe I'm just optimistic, but boy there was a lot of time left!

I haven't heard anybody mentioning this at all, what did I miss?

That it was over. The Jets were playing soft with the big lead. Once Spiller got another big run and the score got closer than Rex was willing to accept, the Jets offense scored again.

It was one big festering shitpile. Time to forget it and get ready for KC.

I'd have kicked off pinned Sanchez deep and gone for the 3 & out. Hoping to get the ball back with 3 minutes & dome odd seconds left.

Even if we did score there we'd still probably need an onside kick to get the ball back or we'd have 60 plus yards to go under 30 seconds with no timeouts.

Mario Williams got a rude welcome to the AFC Beast.

I noticed the same thing. Honestly, I thought the onside kick was too early. Wait until you're down by 6 or there's less time on the clock. Stupid move.

We had momentum at that point. The jets would have run their 4 min offense there and we would have gotten the ball back with 2 mins still down 13. That was the right call

Am I nuts or what?

On the Drive stevie scored on the announcers were talking about it being nice for the Jets to get thwe second and third string DB's some work.

Stevie J. scores with 5:58 left to come within 13 points (coming back is not out of the question)

Then they onsides kick (?) right to Tebow, and it seemed like they just gave up on defense!

I was at the game with my family yesterday (wooh, boy, that was fun!) and was being ridiculed for not wanting to leave around that time, but I pointed out the exact same thing. We ended up leaving shortly thereafter when the Jets got a first down that was going to allow them to kill much of the clock....

I'd have kicked off pinned Sanchez deep and gone for the 3 & out. Hoping to get the ball back with 3 minutes & dome odd seconds left.

Even if we did score there we'd still probably need an onside kick to get the ball back or we'd have 60 plus yards to go under 30 seconds with no timeouts.

Mario Williams got a rude welcome to the AFC Beast.

"...go for the 3 & out"? When did the Bills make the Jets go 3 & out in teh game? Oh, that's right . . . NEVER.

Fitz stank in this game, but the defense was beyond belief bad. That was the biggest problem, to me.

Am I nuts or what?

Best topic thus far. Someone please explain the lack of urgency at this point. This is where they failed miserably. Fitz needs to sack up and be a leader. And Mario crying for being punched in the face??? HEy Mario, hit him back! is the 15 yarder really going to matter when you are down 21?

"...go for the 3 & out"? When did the Bills make the Jets go 3 & out in teh game? Oh, that's right . . . NEVER.

Fitz stank in this game, but the defense was beyond belief bad. That was the biggest problem, to me.

I couldn't agree more. I don't remember one play the entire game that was stopped for negative yardage. Not one. In an entire football game. When every play the opposition runs results in positive yardage, you are not going to win many football games. And yes, Fitz was putrid. All around, it was a pathetic effort. They embarrassed themselves.

Who says they stopped trying? They were "trying" all game.. they couldnt stop anything

Exactly: I did not see the defense play any worse in the final six minutes than they had the entire game. They never stopped the Jets before then; why should they be able to after then?

Who says they stopped trying? They were "trying" all game.. they couldnt stop anything

They just seemed to give up on defense!

Afteron on-sides kick, I cant remember the reciever that got the first down, but there was NODODY covering him, not within 15 yards at least! Wide freakin open. Was there an all out blitz or something? Did they decide not to cover? Hell I didn't even see any pressure on Sanchez then. I just don't get it.

"Buffalotone" - good choice of words "LACK OF URGENCY" ( seemed that way the whole game, especially 4th quarter)

Time to move on but I hope this isn't a sign of what we will see all year!

Defense played like they gave up after the coin toss