Pick Six

Dragonborn10

I just watched Chan and Fitz's post game interviews. Looks like it was on Nelson making the wring read on the coverage and they were trying not to blame it on him. It would explain why in the hell he threw it there. It wouldn't explain why they keep running three yard pass patterns. Fitz had time to see the other guy - I think Jones - open to the same side running a corner route. With the DB sitting in the short zone area the corner route should be there as even in a two deep safety look it will be hard for the safety to get to the sideline. Bad read by Nelson, horrible decision by Fitz, bad play design by Gailey, or all of the above...

I just watched Chan and Fitz's post game interviews. Looks like it was on Nelson making the wring read on the coverage and they were trying not to blame it on him. It would explain why in the hell he threw it there. It wouldn't explain why they keep running three yard pass patterns. Fitz had time to see the other guy - I think Jones - open to the same side running a corner route. With the DB sitting in the short zone area the corner route should be there as even in a two deep safety look it will be hard for the safety to get to the sideline. Bad read by Nelson, horrible decision by Fitz, bad play design by Gailey, or all of the above...

All of the above.

Also, as mad as I am at our players for that crapfest of a showing, I cannot believe how deficient our play calling on both sides of the field was. That coaching staff should be embarrassingly ashamed of themselves. They were absolutely outclassed from the opening kickoff on.

I have to shake my head at anyone who is surprised the Bills are constantly outcoached. Gailey has failed at each of his head coaching jobs, pro and college, and he was fired as an OC by the Chiefs just before the first game of the 2009 season. For some reason he has developed a reputation as an offensive guru, but it baffles the mind. Even if he were an offensive genius, it is clear he is not up to the task of head coach. Just the latest in a long line of cheap a$$ hires as head coach, that, in short order, are shown to be bumbling clowns.

I have to shake my head at anyone who is surprised the Bills are constantly outcoached. Gailey has failed at each of his head coaching jobs, pro and college, and he was fired as an OC by the Chiefs just before the first game of the 2009 season. For some reason he has developed a reputation as an offensive guru, but it baffles the mind. Even if he were an offensive genius, it is clear he is not up to the task of head coach. Just the latest in a long line of cheap a$$ hires as head coach, that, in short order, are shown to be bumbling clowns.

I'd have to disagree with "constantly outcoached". I've seen plenty of games where our coaching was better than our opponents while Chan's been here.

I'm more concerned with our lack of in-game adjustments. We did nothing to put players in positions to succeed. I know alot of people are down on our CB's, but with no blitzing whatsoever, they were left out to dry on most plays.