Maybe too many young, unproven players on defense at one time?

jahnyc

Maybe having Gilmore, Williams, Moats and Sheppard all out there starting on the defense is too much to overcome in terms of lack of experience? Gilmore and Williams looked lost today and played poorly. Sheppard seemed to be blocked out of making plays on a regular basis and seems frozen in place in pass coverage. Did Moats make any plays? Does he have the ability to play outside LB? Interesting that McKelvin, a veteran player, still could not beat out Gilmore or Williams to start at CB.

I think Gilmore will be okay, but I am not sure whether Williams, Moats or Sheppard should be starting.

I read alot of hype about Gilmore but seeing him play, first start or not, was underwhelming. Did not notice the LT Glenn which I guess was good. Byrd is a CB pretending to be a safety. He's undersized and can't tackle worth a crap. The Jets safeties L. Landry and Y. Bell physically punished the Bills.

Maybe having Gilmore, Williams, Moats and Sheppard all out there starting on the defense is too much to overcome in terms of lack of experience? Gilmore and Williams looked lost today and played poorly. Sheppard seemed to be blocked out of making plays on a regular basis and seems frozen in place in pass coverage. Did Moats make any plays? Does he have the ability to play outside LB? Interesting that McKelvin, a veteran player, still could not beat out Gilmore or Williams to start at CB.

I think Gilmore will be okay, but I am not sure whether Williams, Moats or Sheppard should be starting.

sheppard---??? frozen in place in pass coverage?? naaaaahhhh

It's not interesting about McKelvin. I'd rather have one of the young guys making mistakes while they learn back there than this perpetual loser.