The most worrying thing I saw today....

Simon

was an alarming lack of timing and co-ordination throughout our offense.

These guys did not have it together and were not ready to play pro ball by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm worried that this is not something that you can address in just one week.

I can agree with this but the issue of intensity and being ready for a game I also saw.

4 pre season games and the team was not up for any of them

Today the Jets were far more intense...in every area.

This team looks a lot like Jauron coached teams...all head and no guts

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

my initial thought right off the bat is why did potter all of a sudden stop kicking it out of the endzone? why give them an opportunity to run it back at all, he didn't have a single runback in preseason...all of a sudden week one, kick one, its returned, granted not back to the 20, but why???? then it just went downhill from there

Nonsense. Watch the film on those interceptions...they were fitz fault...there were completions to be made on 2 of the 3. The pick 6 is just Fitz blowing reading the coverage.

The Bills did nothing they normall don't do offensively and with the same personnel. Perhaps the scheme is the problem and teams have figured it out...sort of like Cromatie sitting in the short zone.

Fitz thought Cromartie was playing man with a saftey overtop. But what happened was Cromartie was actually playing the short zone and the saftey playing man or zone overtop. Makes sense since the Bills down't throw deep passes even intermediate ones for that matter. Great gameplanning on the Jets part. Fitz threw it right into that zone. If it was a long pass play, it would be one on one coverage against the saftey...but Nelson wouldn't be doing that anyway.

Outside it was Stevie or jones. And that specific pick was more about coaching and schemes than fitz. Jets may as well have called the bills play in their huddle. Might be more of a predictable offense than once thought.

Cromartie faked like he was manning up and dropping outside, then didnt. A scheme clearly knowing fitz doesn't throw deep left well.... Ever. They bought the safety over to the deep sideline and cromartie after faking a drop collapsed onto the flat where he knew the read had the ball coming.

Rex has chans number. It was apparent last years as it has been this year. Bills should have stuck to the run and ditched the spread. Doesn't work vs jets.

Chan needs to bring in a legitimate offensive coordinator. The scheme needs to be improved to be mat the jets.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

was an alarming lack of timing and co-ordination throughout our offense.

These guys did not have it together and were not ready to play pro ball by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm worried that this is not something that you can address in just one week.

I agree and it starts with the QB. He was like a fish out of water yesterday. Terrible mechanics (not sure what Lee did). Late on all throws and no sense of urgency to get things going. He did make a few nice plays but the bone headed ones grossly over shadowed them. I don't care what anyone says, preseason is important for these exact things.

Offensive coordinator? It's been a while since AVP or Schonert were roasted. Who's the OC again?

I don't necessarily love Chan, primarily for the egotistical reason that he doesn't do things the way I would do them. But I do respect him as a solid coach; that's why I'm so surprised that these guyys were clearly under-prepared yesterday. Maybe wearing two hats is just one too many for him. I know I'd never want my coach to be my GM, maybe the same principle applies here.

And apologies for the ugly mugs comment yesterday; if I'd have known it was your boys first game, I'd have been less of a cynical bastard. :blush:

From everything I've read and heard it seems that Gailey's offense is reaction based. If you see man coverage you run this, if zone you run this, cover 2 run this.

Is it a matter that Fitz and the WR's aren't seeing the same thing? If so, why?

Is the offense overly complicated?

Would the Bills be better served "dumbing it down"?

I think your first two questions go together like peanut butter and jelly. It's hard enough trying to get that many guys on the same page and right now they look like a bunch of guys worried about making the right read instead of focusing on attacking the defense.

Imo the problem with dumbing it down too much is that instead of relying on scheme to beat people, then you'd be more relying on talent. And aside from a couple/three guys, there is a significant dearth of talent on that side of the ball.

Weren't you the one talking about "meaningless scrimmages"?

I'm sure I was because a) they're scrimmages and b) they are for the most part meaningless. The Jets seemed ready to go yesterday and it wasn't because they were going balls to teh wall in preseason. The Patriots were ready to go yesterday and it wasn't because they went balls to the wall in preseason. Atlanta, Detroit, Denver and St Louis were all ready to go after marginal preseasons. On the flip side Philadelphia, Seattle, Jacksonville and Tennessee went a combined 14-2 in preseason and all looked like **** yesterday.

Trying to predict regular season results from preseason data is generally a fool's errand