The most worrying thing I saw today....

Simon

was an alarming lack of timing and co-ordination throughout our offense.

These guys did not have it together and were not ready to play pro ball by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm worried that this is not something that you can address in just one week.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

These guys did not have it together and were not ready to play pro ball by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm worried that this is not something that you can address in just one week.

I agree but the turnovers is what killed us today, mainly the interceptions and they were all on Fitz. Johnson was open on the out route to the sideline on the first interception but Fitz threw it WAY TO LATE. That ball needs to be thrown when he breaks or not at all espeically if Revis is on him. There was another one in the flat on a crossing route and it was either the TE or WR and Fitz threw it behind him into the CB. There was another one for pick 6 to Nelson that was just a total collapse on Fitz part in reading the coverage - CB who ended up playing the short zone (Fitz thought he was man).

What killed us the most was turnovers and for the most part Fitz fault. I did think Chandler however was a bright spot. I like him being flanked out as a WR (sort of what the Pats do).

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Tha same can be said about the defense.

No blitzes ro anything to make Sanchez hurry. Wanny pretty much sent out 11 guys to do the same thing every play.

I agree but the turnovers is what killed us today, mainly the interceptions and they were all on Fitz.

The turnovers were a symptom of an underlying problem and they will continue until the problem is fixed. Look at when the ball is coming out and when guys are making breaks, look at the clusterbomb that results when the Bills try to call up a screen, look all over the offense and you'll see a lot of guys on different pages.

No blitzes ro anything to make Sanchez hurry.

There was zero point to calling up blitzes when Sanchez is getting the ball out to an open first read every single time he drops back.

You can gritzblitz 9 guys at him and they're still not going to get home before he hits his drop.

The turnovers were a symptom of an underlying problem and they will continue until the problem is fixed. Look at when the ball is coming out and when guys are making breaks, look at the clusterbomb that results when the Bills try to call up a screen, look all over the offense and you'll see a lot of guys on different pages.

There was zero point to calling up blitzes when Sanchez is getting the ball out to an open first read every single time he drops back.

You can gritzblitz 9 guys at him and they're still not going to get home before he hits his drop.

The turnovers were bad decisions on the quarterback. In each case there was no fault on the WR's. It was either a late throw, innacurate throw or a quarterback that threw a pass thinking it was man but was zone and cutoff the WR underneath.

Don't take it the wrong way...the offense needs a lot of polish. But mainly the offense won't improve unless you improve the QB. Our problems or success starts with the QB.

It could be a combination of reasons - maybe this incompetent display is on Gailey as he should have had the O ready. If so, he should relinquish calling plays and get himself a dedicated OC. It could be the WRs we have - besides Stevie (who did not seem to by playing at full speed) we did not have anyone distinguish himself. I have no idea why TJ was inactive. But this situation is on Nix. Why did we stubbornly not try to upgrade that position ? Why was Gaffney not brought in for a look see ?

Lastly, as I ranted about Fitz in Bill's thread, his performance was really pathetic. Maybe it was timing but there were throws, in particular the third INT where you had to wonder wtf was he looking at. Was his hand eye coordination so shot that he cannot make that simple throw ? I am not even talking about a deep out which needs a strong arm and accuracy (both which Fitz can only dream of having). A simple throw above the defender would have resulted in a decent gain. Sorry, Simon but I am totally pi$$ed at Fitz for propagating that loser feeling in the team.

The turnovers were bad decisions on the quarterback. In each case there was no fault on the WR's.

You don't know that. On the last two David Nelson wasn't doing anything resembling what Fitzpatrick thought he was going to be doing. If those passes hadn't been picked, none of them would have been even close to being completed either. That is another symptom of a deeper underlying problem that goes well beyond the "it's all Fitz" mantra.

Until everybody is on the same page, it simply doesn't matter who's delivering the ball.

Troy Aikman used to take many 7 step drops though. B-)

If he had more arm, that lucky SOB could have been the first NFL QB to succeed on a steady diet of 13 step drops....

It could be a combination of reasons - maybe this incompetent display is on Gailey as he should have had the O ready. If so, he should relinquish calling plays and get himself a dedicated OC. It could be the WRs we have - besides Stevie (who did not seem to by playing at full speed) we did not have anyone distinguish himself. I have no idea why TJ was inactive. But this situation is on Nix. Why did we stubbornly not try to upgrade that position ? Why was Gaffney not brought in for a look see ?

Lastly, as I ranted about Fitz in Bill's thread, his performance was really pathetic. Maybe it was timing but there were throws, in particular the third INT where you had to wonder wtf was he looking at. Was his hand eye coordination so shot that he cannot make that simple throw ? I am not even talking about a deep out which needs a strong arm and accuracy (both which Fitz can only dream of having). A simple throw above the defender would have resulted in a decent gain. Sorry, Simon but I am totally pi$$ed at Fitz for propagating that loser feeling in the team.

Which interception are you referring to - the short crossing route or the pick 6 with Cromartie? There is the Revis pick with Johnson..I forget is there another one? There were so many and all happened fairly quickly.

Which interception are you referring to - the short crossing route or the pick 6 with Cromartie? There is the Revis pick with Johnson..I forget is there another one? There were so many and all happened fairly quickly.

The Cromartie one. I think it was the third one - sorry if I forget which one in this sea of offensive hilarity

You don't know that. On the last two David Nelson wasn't doing anything resembling what Fitzpatrick thought he was going to be doing. If those passes hadn't been picked, none of them would have been even close to being completed either. That is another symptom of a deeper underlying problem that goes well beyond the "it's all Fitz" mantra.

Until everybody is on the same page, it simply doesn't matter who's delivering the ball.

If he had more arm, that lucky SOB could have been the first NFL QB to succeed on a steady diet of 13 step drops....

Nonsense. Watch the film on those interceptions...they were fitz fault...there were completions to be made on 2 of the 3. The pick 6 is just Fitz blowing reading the coverage.

The Bills did nothing they normall don't do offensively and with the same personnel. Perhaps the scheme is the problem and teams have figured it out...sort of like Cromatie sitting in the short zone.

The Cromartie one. I think it was the third one - sorry if I forget which one in this sea of offensive hilarity

Fitz thought Cromartie was playing man with a saftey overtop. But what happened was Cromartie was actually playing the short zone and the saftey playing man or zone overtop. Makes sense since the Bills down't throw deep passes even intermediate ones for that matter. Great gameplanning on the Jets part. Fitz threw it right into that zone. If it was a long pass play, it would be one on one coverage against the saftey...but Nelson wouldn't be doing that anyway.

Gannon pointed it out during the game - Fitz was taking too long to make his throws, and they were all behind the receivers and easily read by the DBs as a result.

My theory is he was thinking about the mechanics he's working on instead of playing football. Disappointing because it means he hasn't internalized them enough yet to be natural which means at best he won't be able to benefit from them and at worst the effort may have actually made him worse.

Gannon pointed it out during the game - Fitz was taking too long to make his throws, and they were all behind the receivers and easily read by the DBs as a result.

My theory is he was thinking about the mechanics he's working on instead of playing football. Disappointing because it means he hasn't internalized them enough yet to be natural which means at best he won't be able to benefit from them and at worst the effort may have actually made him worse.

Exactly. Fitz mechanics were a mess today, his footwork is a huge problem which leads to poor accuracy and velocity. The first interception he threw to Revis is a great example of him taking too long to make a throw. The play was there...but a late delivery on his part...