No more talk of the preseason not meaning anything...

cale

With this team, every game preseason or not, is an indicator of this team's commitment to winning. Turns out the preseason was just where this team was picking up where it left off last season. At least on offense. We've gone 9 months and our "O" is still offensive and impotent. There is no baby here to show.

And dear Buddy Nix please field a viable team before trash talking the Patriots and the rest of the division.

C

With this argument, the Jets would have scored no touchdowns today........... only scored 1and it 4 preseason games

How many Jets preseason games did you watch? I know that I watched zero. I do know that they did not score a TD with their first stringers. I do know that they switched OTs late. That's about all I know about the Jets.

I watched all 4 preseason Bills games. They had no consistency. They had no passion. They had no fire. I was told that they could flip a switch. I was told that I am a hater because I voiced my concerns. What did we see today? An inconsistent team that came out of the gate with no passion, no fire.

So, it's either the players, coaches or some combination (also include the FO).

I know it's only one game. I know that there are 15 more. I hope that Chan is able to throw that switch.

How many Jets preseason games did you watch? I know that I watched zero. I do know that they did not score a TD with their first stringers. I do know that they switched OTs late. That's about all I know about the Jets.

I watched all 4 preseason Bills games. They had no consistency. They had no passion. They had no fire. I was told that they could flip a switch. I was told that I am a hater because I voiced my concerns. What did we see today? An inconsistent team that came out of the gate with no passion, no fire.

So, it's either the players, coaches or some combination (also include the FO).

I know it's only one game. I know that there are 15 more. I hope that Chan is able to throw that switch.

Just because it did prove true this time in this one game, doesn't mean it can be used as a consistent predictor. I'd be careful with how much stock anyone puts in preseason still.

know it's only one game. I know that there are 15 more. I hope that Chan is able to throw that switch.

I don't know if Chan even knows where the switch is. His record with this team seems to bear this out. he got his butt handed to him today. Again. He started the season with a receiver corp mainly consisting of scrubs, and worse not even a viable back up quarterback.

If the Bills went 4-0 in pre season all we would have read on this board is how great their going to be, blah blah. But go 0-4 after crash and burning last season and they were just "meaningless scrimmages". Today's results proved this is no Polian/Levy team.

I don't give a flying leap about any other team's win-loss in the preseason. For this ball club, they need to prove they are for real in every game - preseason or not. Some on this board think this is the Bills of the 90s playing Club Marv ball in the preseason. This team is nowhere close to that team.

If this coaching staff can't impress that upon these players nor coach like their lives depended on it in every game. They need to pack and leave. The only guys on offense who looked liked they cared were Nelson, Jackson, Spiller and surprisingly Jones.

Time for this coaching staff to step up and use the personnel they have to play the kind of game that fits them. Not the kind of game they dream they can play.

Again, I say - just run the ball and use the playaction.

C

Well it was the first game with the new defensive scheme, have to give them time to work out the kinks, not to mention all the new starters and ones playing different positions. Think defense played respectable most of the game, but they do need to get off the field on 3rd downs a ton better, that was pretty pathetic.

Expected a better showing from Fitz honestly. Not sure if receiver and him were on same page at times, but its not like hes working with new receivers or new offense. Hoping that was partially communication breakdowns on not making the same reads as receivers on routes.

I think its a bit early to panic however, and the whole preseason thing has been proven to not be a good indicator for last 20 years, not sure why one game in suddenly have a chicken little running out about preseason and sky falling though.

I still don't believe the preseason means anything, regular season however....The "Yes We Chan" era.....10-23. Lost 9 of the last 10 regular season games. That's 6 straight losses to the Jets and 8 of 9 going back to the Jauron days. 7-9, 7-9, 7-9 not so bad was it? I am so sick and tired of excuses. It's only one game, it's only one year, it's only one decade....have to wait for this to develop or wait for that to gel or wait for this to blah.....blah....blah. Don't panic. Just have patience. Seriously? It's been 12 years of crap. The sky fell a long time ago. Our QB is the WORST in the NFL. Our offense outside of Spiller is one of the WORST in the NFL. Fitzpatrick is not developing. He's done with development. All these other teams have drafted QB's early over the last few years and are going to be ahead of us if we are ever any good. The NFL now is score on offense and you win. They try and build the defense first and that doesn't look so great either right now. It's a never ending mess. They always do the wrong thing no matter who is in charge. Bring in Plaxico, TO and Ochocinco. We may as well be the real circus because we aren't going to win many games.

Dudes, I meant for our team. The preseason is (and was) a pretty good indicator of how this team will probably fare in the regular season. I obviously need a writing refresher course :doh:

The Jets at least have a history of some success with their team in the last few seasons. We have none. Ergo, those of us who say the preseason means nothing with respect to this Buffalo Bills team are whistling "Dixie" It does mean something with this team. They weren't able to show us much cause they were just playing "vanilla." Our QB said "we'll get it straightened out." When it's obvious they had no idea how to do so.

Tonight our coach says, "He won't admit the sky is falling..." When it's apparent he was out coached and the team was just plain out played. As they say, the first step to recovery - is admission.

I'm sure next week we'll play better against KC. But there are some fundamental problems with this ball club that will be in the way of long term success.

C

Edited by cale