Our D-line is invisible. Not once...

Griz

This is hilarious. The DL wasn't the problem today. Sanchez released the ball in under 2 seconds on every pass in the first half. Find me the superman who can pressure the passer when he only drops back three and then throws.

Edited by GG

This is hilarious. The DL wasn't the problem today. Sanchez released the ball in under 2 seconds on every pass in the first half. Find me the superman who can pressure the passer when he only drops back three and then throws.

The defensive scheme is the problem

If the offense is throwing short passes with short drops, the CBs have to be brougt up to elimimate the easy short pass - so the DL has a chance

Wannstadt is the problem

The defensive scheme is the problem

If the offense is throwing short passes with short drops, the CBs have to be brougt up to elimimate the easy short pass - so the DL has a chance

Wannstadt is the problem

Was Wannstedt the problem last year? Same players, new coach, new scheme, same !@#$ing results. When do the players get held accountable. Every year it's the coaches, they come and go but nothing ever changes.

It's tough to generate pressure when the primary read is open on every galdanged dropback. :bag:

It's tough to generate pressure when the primary read is open on every galdanged dropback. :bag:

I can understand the rush not being able to get there in time ona 3 step or blown coverage, but it didn't look like the pressure was even about to get there from the edges either.

doesnt matter what the offense does. the job of the defense is to allow NO scoring. period.

we fell a bit short today

It's a nice thought, but completely unrealistic. If you spot the other team the ball at the 50 yard line possession after possession, they ARE going to score TD's against any defense in the NFL ever. To cause a turnover (interception) and then have Fitzpatrick give it right back is just lame. To say anything else greatly oversimplifies the situation. The offense didn't give the defense a chance today. -3 in turnovers and only about 3% of NFL teams will actually win those games. The run defense actually was good for the first time in 10 years. 3.3 YPC is atrocious. Spiller was the only bright spot on offense.

my point is that if the offense comes out and turns the ball over twice, the defense cant just call the game in because Ryan sucks today.

I understand there is more to the game. I did not think we gave up at all as a team, i was responding to another poster, luxy.

We needed to prove we could do better against the run. we did. Unfortunately Sancez was hot and our corners were, well, rookies getting an education might be a nice phrase.

Spiller was looking good and i hold nothing against him for the fumble. Looks like he is picking up where he left off last year. Thats a good thing