Top Ten Thoughts during the Game

Kurt Warner

1. The Bills are one of the worst teams at the QB position.

2. QB is the most important position on the field.

3. The Bills haven't figured out #1 and #2.

4. How come the Bills big WR draft pick isn't even on the field and the Jets drafted a WR whose big, knows how to get open and already makes a difference?

5. KC will come in looking for revenge after last year so the Bills are looking at 0-2. The Bils need to go 2 -14 this year anyway so they finally understand #1 and #2 and draft a real QB.

6. Nix is not a capable GM so I don't even know if he can spot a good QB. Our drafts the past few years have proven to suck and Gailey is proving he is out of his element in the NFL yet again. Every decent franchise outsmarts us over and over even the evil ones that don't deserve it like the Pats and the Jets.

7. The Bills have some good parts but, yet again, so many weak areas that the sum of those parts still adds up to crap.

8. I wish the Bills were dysfunctional like the Jets but at least had some balls. The Jets called the Bills out as soft last year and they are exactly right. When is anyone on the Bills goign to get pissed off at anyone and demand anything. They should be embarrassed to be so soft.

9. I was offended Forbes called the Bills the most troubled franchise but they are because there is no hope. As a fan all you need is honest hope. A front office that makes sense, a good, young QB, etc. We have an owner who is too self-centered to have any plan for the future so we have no hope past a year or two and the team is so bad we have no immediate hope, thus, it's hopeless anyone puts this puzzle together in a way that isn't more of the same garbage.

10. Okay, the only hope is that someone calls up Bill Cowher and offers him whatever he wants to run everything!

I know everyone will jump on me and say I'm overeacting to one game. Problem is, it is not one game. What's their record the last dozen games? I've been followed them for thirty years now and these things are very predicable. And, yes, I do feel a little better now which is the important thing. Thanks for being there for me!

1) Fitz made two bad throws for INTs. The first one was on Stevie, he was floating toward the sideline when he should have been driving back to the ball. You don't give Revis extra time to make a play on a ball.

2) Wannstedt's adjustments, or lack thereof, were TERRIBLE. Took him until 3 mins left in the 2nd to start playing press coverage. I'm sorry, but when your brilliant pass rush is being negated by 3 step drops and quick passes, you IMMEDIATELY change to a 4 man rush with your DB's jamming at the line and safety help over the top.

3) Wannstedt seemed preoccupied with this pattern: 4 man rush, 4 man rush, blitz on 3rd and long. What is this, little loop football? On 3rd and 8, you drop as many as you can into coverage. First day in the NFL, Dave?

4) Linebackers were getting eaten alive. They need to make an upgrade to this group yesterday or it's going to be a long season of the DB's getting wrecked on 3 step drops and quick slants.

5) Fitz was sailing balls, throwing behind receivers, and just generally playing like a dumdum today. It's too bad, because it seemed like the O-line actually gave him some time today too!

6) Spiller was the lone bright spot. He showed good vision on a few runs today. It looks like he has finally learned to read his blockers a little bit and not rely solely on his speed to get to the corner, which is good is Fred is out for 2-4 weeks with his knee sprain.

7) I thought the run defense was actually OK. They didn't give up big chunks of yards on any runs I can think of against a sub-par back in Greene, which is a good start. The 1-2 punch of Charles-Hillis next week will be a better test.

8) WHERE WAS THE SAFETY HELP? On the Holmes almost TD, Byrd got caught looking inside badly. Is this your first day here, young man?

9) Again, compliments to the OL. Levitre had a rough day with a couple of uncharacteristic penalties, but I think they did a pretty good job on the whole, especially Glenn. Until his holding call, I hadn't heard him mentioned which is probably what you want from a rookie at LT.

10) There's 15 more games, calm down guys! There are some major adjustments that need to be made, and if they aren't made soon, THEN WE REVOLT!

Yes, Fitz was bad . . . but the biggest disappointment to me was the defense. In the end, we did score 28 points, even with the turnovers, that should keep you in the game.

No pressure, no creativity, and receivers running wide-open all day long.