Optimists, let's hear it?

Virgil

Give me anything to look forward to for this season?

Even being 2-1 isn't exciting because we know the Pats are going to crush us?

D was terrible with no coverage and pressure

Fitz is as bad as I've ever seen

And who knows what's up with Freddy.

Go ahead, I would love to hear this...

Spiller looks like he might finally get it. Waited for his blocks to develop, didn't scat to the sideline at the first sign of resistance, and ran through a couple arm tackles.

For the first time ever he looked like a first round running back to me.

Other than that though, I got nothing positive from today.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Jackson is done the myth of RBs over 30 is true and we just gave him a nice retirement fund.... As much as I like what we did for him rbs aren't hard to find look at how the pats find a decent guy and make him work hard for decent pay and find another when they want too much...

Come on man. Yea we were horrible in a lot of phases, especially Fitz, but don't start this chicken little crap. it's one frickin game. Not too high . not too low. There were positives to take from today as some other posters have touched on. You negative guys kill me.

This. A 1 point loss looks no different in the win-loss column than a 20 point loss.

15-1 is still possible.

Come on man. Yea we were horrible in a lot of phases, especially Fitz, but don't start this chicken little crap. it's one frickin game. Not too high . not too low. There were positives to take from today as some other posters have touched on. You negative guys kill me.

yeah, fitz will turn into tom brady and we will win...

what a !@#$ing idiotic statement man...

look dude, its a qb driven league. we dont have one...

which means 6-10/7-9

If Jackson is done the myth of RBs over 30 is true and we just gave him a nice retirement fund.... As much as I like what we did for him rbs aren't hard to find look at how the pats find a decent guy and make him work hard for decent pay and find another when they want too much...

Are you suggesting if he was under 30 his knee would have somehow responded positively to that hit?

yeah, fitz will turn into tom brady and we will win...

what a !@#$ing idiotic statement man...

look dude, its a qb driven league. we dont have one...

which means 6-10/7-9

I don't think you can make any grand pronouncements after the first game of the season. The Bills/Jets contest continued to look like the little brother trying to beat the older brother. They've always been a bad matchup because I frankly think the Bills are intimidated by that team for some strange reason. However, with Spiller's dominance and Fitzpatrick's much improved play in the second half, it does make me wonder if the Bills were shaking off the cobwebs of preseason play in that first half.

If this team doesn't answer the awful play of today with great play next week against the Chiefs then it's time to really worry.

As for Fitzpatrick, the clock is ticking LOUDLY on his career as an NFL starter. Sanchez looked like he wanted no part of seeing the bench, if Fitz has any notion of making a mark in this league he must obviously realize that he's on the fast track to running out of chances.

I'm encouraged by this game. As difficult a game as this was, it was encouraging to see the Bills pull out the win in the last seconds. I think it bodes well for the rest of the season.

(I reject your reality, and substitute my own.)

Wither you lose by 1 point or by 20 it only counts as one loss. The D can only stand to improve, and the offense hopefully got going as they put together a 21 point second half, yeah in garbage time but still its better to look good in garbage time as opposed to bad in it.

Hopefully we keep that momentum on offense going. The D looked like **** but we have two winable games coming up against the Chiefs at home and the Browns. If we got 2-1 week one won't matter as much. Just be 2-2 after 4 weeks than take it from there.

The season isn't over but man was it a ugly game. Fitz hopefully will put this bad game behind him and we won't see any INT's or turnovers. The D will hopefully adjust its course as well.

I'm encouraged by this game. As difficult a game as this was, it was encouraging to see the Bills pull out the win in the last seconds. I think it bodes well for the rest of the season.

(I reject your reality, and substitute my own.)

Don't bogart that reality (and whatever you are smoking) my friend :)

Positive Takeaways from today's game:

- They didn't quit after being down 41-7 early, and fought back until they were down 13.

- Scott Chandler looked very solid in both the running and passing game.

- The offensive line looked very cohesive as a unit.

- CJ Spiller has emerged as the real deal.

- We looked very strong against the run on defense.

- Our linebacker play was surprisingly solid.

- Kyle and Darius dominated the line of scrimage in the interior.

Negative takeaways:

- Fitz made too many poor decisions in the first half, and put the game out of reach.

- Our secondary play was abysmal. Gilmore was beaten routinely, and Byrd looked lost. George Wilson may as well have not been on the field.

- Mario Williams looked like Shawn Merriman. He didn't push the pocket at all, and didn't look explosive off the edge.

Solid post.

I always look back to the 2003 season when we opened crushing the Pats 31 - 0, but in the last game of the season we got crushed by them 31 - 0. We ain't the Pats, but it just goes to show that over the course of a season anything can happen. We'll know more next week...

1) If Jackson is done for the season, we will finally get a good idea of what Spiller can do in one full season as the main back!

yeap! fumble at the most inopportune times . . . but he did look good running the ball today: that's a positive