Blueprint for a Bills win vs. the Jets

Estro

After rewatching the Bills @ Jets week 12 matchup I came away with a few takeaways. I forgot just how banged up we were for this game. No Kyle Williams, No Eric Wood, No Fred Jackson, No Donald Jones. I think the game tomorrow is going to be a tough one, and earlier this week I was leaning Jets with my prediction, but after rewatching the game I think the Bills have a very good shot at pulling the slight week 1 upset. Here are my 7 keys to the game tomorrow.

1. Exploit the Jets slower LB's by getting Spiller and jackson on the edges.

2. Get Stevie Johnson going early. Games where Stevie gets involved early, the whole offense seemes to be in better sync.

3. No batted balls by fitz. Batted balls are almost as bad as a sack, and seem to always kill Bills drives.

4. Exploit Kyle Wilson with our taller receivers, mainly Nelson and Chandler. Throw high and he can't defend it.

5. Limit the penalties

6. Ball control, NO NO NO turnovers.

7. Eliminate Keller from the game plan. If someone is going to beat us let it be Stephen Hill or their #3 WR. Eliminating Sanchez's safety valve will make sanchez uncomfortable in the pocket.

Lastly, if our D can pressure Sanchez with a 4 man rush (isn't that what our whole offseason was about) we are looking good. I fully expect the Jets to pound the rock on the ground tomorrow so the Bills run D better be prepared. I'm slightly concerned how our LB's will hold up against the run, they could be our achlles heel tomorrow.

I'll be at the game today, can't wait. Go Bills!

I think this game will come down to Ryan Fitzpatrick's and a WR's attempt to connect on a clutch game-winning play in the fourth quarter. Both the Jets (Stevie drop) and Giants (Fitzpatrick bad throw) games at Met Life last year were determined by a botched game-winning passing play. It will be very exciting if they finally do it at that stadium and on the biggest media stage.

As one already put it, STOP THE RUN!

The Jets offense under ex Dolphins HC Tony Sparano is going back to the Jets formula from 2 years ago. Ground and pound attack, particularly with Tim Tebow running the wildcat. Many have stated that Tebow is not a QB but better suited to be a RB. Its gonna be a looooooong day for the Bills if their new DC / defense can't stop the run. Yea, and limit Keller like the OP stated.

As for the offense, SJ is nursing a groin injury again. Depending how serious it is it could limit what the Bills do in the passing offense. So I'd like to see the Bills steal the Jets play book and run the ball right at them in various ways.Once the Jets are determined to stop the run, then pass it.

In that 2nd game last season Gailey did find a way to confuse the Jets D by mixing up formations and plays. If this man is ever going to step up and build a winning team he needs to show he can outsmart a guy who just can't stop blabbing about his team, and a guy who was fired as HC.

GO BILLS!

Here are my 7 keys to the game tomorrow.

7. Eliminate Keller from the game plan. If someone is going to beat us let it be Stephen Hill or their #3 WR. Eliminating Sanchez's safety valve will make sanchez uncomfortable in the pocket.

This is going to be huge. I still see the LB corp as the weak link in the Bills defense. If I were the Jets, I'd game plan to expoit it.

The real key to this game is to turn the tables. The Jets have been controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. That ends now. The Bills defensive front will be pinning their ears back for this game. There will be sacks there will be pressure and there will be dominance on the line.

The offensive line has been quietly getting bigger and getting healthy. Look for these guys to be fired up to open holes for Freddy. They will also be protecting Fitz. This offense is going to use a combination of power and finesse to keep the Jets defense guessing. Don't be surprised if the Bills really test the Jets run defense this game. They aren't going to just pound the rock though. They will change things up and force them into a guessing game. Look for a number of different run and pass formations. This team is done losing to the Jets. They had some success last year and they are looking for a dominating performance against this team. Just squeaking through with a win is not an option.