Draft of Cybersecurity Executive Order

/dev/null

I know you guys hate Obama but this stuff is serious. I flipped through some book the other day (didn't buy it just looked) after hearing his interview on Sirius of some ex-FBI dude that did all this stuff ... we got holes. If we're going to be Stuxnet'in other people we need to take efforts to secure our own networks.

Edited by TheNewBills

I know you guys hate Obama

but this stuff is serious. I flipped through some book the other day (didn't buy it just looked) after hearing his interview on Sirius of some ex-FBI dude that did all this stuff ... we got holes. If we're going to be Stuxnet'in other people we need to take efforts to secure our own networks.

This is serious, I agree

So one would wonder why you felt obligated to throw in the gratuitous "hate" nonsense. (which is also wrong, a strong disagreement with policy doesn't equal hate....sorry)

Yes the OP did connect the story with Mr Obama's history of getting what he wants by executive fiat, and why shouldn't he ? Certainly it fits the current administration's standard M.O.

but lets agree that we need to stay aware that any attempt by the federal government to 'improve' our cyber security (by left or right) needs to be done in a careful, legal manner.

Maybe we shouldn't be Stuxnet'in other peoples networks

!@#$ that. Yes we should. And I don't give a crap if they don't consult the morons in Congress on this stuff. The fist shots of WW3 will be (or have already been) fired in cyberspace. We better be ready.

!@#$ that. Yes we should. And I don't give a crap if they don't consult the morons in Congress on this stuff. The fist shots of WW3 will be (or have already been) fired in cyberspace. We better be ready.

Patriot Act in Cyberspace

On a side note, I was just in OTW and saw this was there with an arrow next to it. Just wanted to apologize for posting in wrong forum. Thought I was in PPP :oops: My bad

Patriot Act in Cyberspace

On a side note, I was just in OTW and saw this was there with an arrow next to it. Just wanted to apologize for posting in wrong forum. Thought I was in PPP :oops: My bad

By executive order, you're now going to Gitmo, you !@#$in' terrorist.

Just to clarify you guys (assuming you are) are upset of this ... why?

Agreed, it's like DevNull spends 1/2 his days scouring the net for Obama drama. Anything Obama does that gets reported DevNull is like; "OH NO HE DIDN'T!"

Edited by BiggieScooby