reasons for the loss today...

eball

first and foremost, anyone blaming clements for today's loss needs to go out and buy himself a clue. the guy fumbled the punt -- yes, it was a terrible way to start the game. but the defense held and forced a FG. clements was directly responsible for forcing the next 3 pittsburgh turnovers, which resulted in 2 TDs for buffalo. he is a true playmaker and i hope donahoe is able to lock him up long-term after next season.

reasons for the loss today, in no particular order:

-- bledsoe's lack of pocket presence and (once again) inability to come up big in a game that matters against a quality opponent;

-- moulds' drops (always followed by whining at the refs for a flag);

-- defense wearing down in the 4th quarter and failing to stop the running game during pittsburgh's 9-minute drive;

-- lindell's missed 28-yard FG after an 86-yard drive that put buffalo in position to take control of the game;

-- bullsh*t penalty call on josh reed when buffalo would have had 1st and goal on aforementioned drive;

-- lack of concentration by defense on first play following missed FG, resulting in a 60 yard run that completely deflated buffalo's momentum.

bottom line -- the bills didn't deserve to win this game. we had a great ride over the last 7 weeks and despite what some are now posting, the future for the team is very bright indeed. i hope that losman is given the opportunity to compete for the starting job next season, and that the bills are able to re-sign phat pat and jennings.

i guess i'll be pulling for either the colts or the bolts in the AFC, and the falcons or packers in the NFC.

see you all later. it has been a fun season. now i can concentrate on college basketball. :(

"-- defense wearing down in the 4th quarter and failing to stop the running game during pittsburgh's 9-minute drive;"

you're trying to put even 1% of this on the DEFENSE?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Thye had 12 minutes longer time of possesion...

can't POSSIBLY figure out why they would be tired in the 4th. .. . .

"-- defense wearing down in the 4th quarter and failing to stop the running game during pittsburgh's 9-minute drive;"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

188649[/snapback]

i believe the phrase "wearing down" expresses that sentiment. that doesn't change the fact it was one of the reasons why the bills lost.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

188649[/snapback]

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but the fact of the matter was that if the defense got off the field at that point -- against second stringers, don't forget -- there's a real good chance we win the game.

The Bills played today exactly like they should have -- a team with a very good defense and a serviceable but flawed offense. Against poor or mediocre teams, we can win. But we can't overcome those mistakes against a top-echelon team.

We're 9-7, which in my mind is exactly what our record should be. Am I disappointed? Yes, of course. But I'm not shocked. And I certainly am pleased, because we've shown great improvement from last year and our new coach has been vindicated.

Before the season started almost everyone agreed our 3 greatest weaknesses were QB, OL and K. Well the OL did their part but Drew just fell apart in arguably his biggest career game ever! Lindell...........ahhhhh.....ahhhhh! I put the blame of this fiasco on Tom Clements, Drew and Lindell and in that order.

The play calling for our offense was terrible!!!!!! We didn't even threaten to go downfield until the 4th quarter. Almost no play action and predictable 1st down runs killed us!!!!

I cannot even think about this anymore!

AND THE JETS LOSE!!!!! :(:doh::(