Which will have higher ratings?

Gary M

Honey Boo Boo beats out the RNC a self proclaimed Red Neck Family...

where's my pouty Ryan face when I need it.

Does MTV still plays music?

VMAs Won't Cut Into Obama's Speech on Thursday. MTV has moved up the start of it's annual Video Music Awards will air from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Honey Boo Boo beats out the RNC a self proclaimed Red Neck Family...

where's my pouty Ryan face when I need it.

Does MTV still plays music?

VMAs Won't Cut Into Obama's Speech on Thursday. MTV has moved up the start of it's annual Video Music Awards will air from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Christ, go watch the embeded clips in this link... I would embed them but don't know how...

You know your country is !@#$ed up when Honey Boo-Boo and her toad family are raking in the viewers more thank a Presidential Election... LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/31/honey-boo-boo-ratings-top-republican-national-convention-rnc_n_1846155.html

I checked out that Honey Boo Boo thing last night.

That family should jump in a lake and anyone who watches it should join along.

!@#$ing horrid people. Horrid.

My favorite part is anytime the phone rings, that toad mother yells out "booty call".... sheeshhh

I watched about five minutes online and had to admit to being stumped. In my brief existence I've lived in 12 different cities in five different states and every city in every state had families just like these goofballs. Hell, you can find them in bulk if you just go the your local State Fair any time after 5 p.m. on a Saturday.

In the end, I blame the actors who opted to go on strike years ago with the belief that no actors meant no television.

I watched for 5 minutes last weekend at a bbq and I just didn't get it. Seemed almost like child abuse to me.

Apparently that stupid "Honey Boo Boo" show tied with Billy's speech last night. Proving that the ones who mostly watch it are libs, seeing as how it had its best ratings during the RNC. Can't say I'm surprised.

The only link I saw Honey Boo is that it outdrew the RNC last week (at just shy of 3 million). http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/08/30/13575475-honey-boo-boo-ratings-top-republican-national-convention I'd love to see your link of Honey Boo pulling in the 25.1 million viewers like Clinton's speech did, while competing as the most popular TV program in America (the NFL). http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/1st-night-of-democratic-national-convention-reaches-262m-viewers-nearly-4m-more-than-rnc/2012/09/05/f0e372f6-f7cd-11e1-a93b-7185e3f88849_story.html

But seriously, losing to Honey Boo Boo is much more impressive than beating opening night of the NFL.

Appreciate the link but man are you reaching for that tie:

Still, Honey Boo Boo tied CNN's coverage of the Democratic National Convention -- including a speech from President Bill Clinton -- and syndicated Big Bang Theory encores among 18-49-ers on cable and trailed only NBC's NFL season opener on all of television. (Aggregate coverage of the DNC clearly eclipsed Honey Boo Boo by all measurements, and DNC ratings reflect entire 10 p.m. hour, with Honey Boo Boo only airing from 10 to 10: 30 p.m.)

The only link I saw Honey Boo is that it outdrew the RNC last week (at just shy of 3 million). http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/08/30/13575475-honey-boo-boo-ratings-top-republican-national-convention I'd love to see your link of Honey Boo pulling in the 25.1 million viewers like Clinton's speech did, while competing as the most popular TV program in America (the NFL). http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/1st-night-of-democratic-national-convention-reaches-262m-viewers-nearly-4m-more-than-rnc/2012/09/05/f0e372f6-f7cd-11e1-a93b-7185e3f88849_story.html

But seriously, losing to Honey Boo Boo is much more impressive than beating opening night of the NFL.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/honey-boo-boo-bill-clintons-dnc-speech-tie-215230894.html

Appreciate the link but man are you reaching for that tie:

You might want to re-read the articles and focus on the difference between cable ratings and aggregate ratings.

Yep. Apples to apples.

I enjoy your Bills' post so I'll let it go. But the bottomline is 25.1 million people watched Clinton's speech, while under 3 million watched that show. Honestly, I don't ever remember what station I watched it on. If the Bills give up more kickoff return yards than the Jets Sunday but win the game, does it even matter? It's a bottomline business.

I enjoy your Bills' post so I'll let it go. But the bottomline is 25.1 million people watched Clinton's speech, while under 3 million watched that show. Honestly, I don't ever remember what station I watched it on. If the Bills give up more kickoff return yards than the Jets Sunday but win the game, does it even matter? It's a bottomline business.

Here are the salient points from the articles CB:

The fourth episode of "Honey Boo Boo" pulled in just shy of 3 million viewers at 10 p.m., according to Nielsen overnight ratings, growing 30 percent from last week's 2.3 million haul.

In the demo, "Honey Boo Boo" did even better. The half-hour series' showing among adults 18-49 bested all other cable outings for the night — coverage of the Republican National Convention, included — to pull a 1.3 rating...Aggregate coverage of the RNC across networks obviously eclipsed "Honey Boo Boo" considerably.

What does it mean? That Americans are vapid? I think we already knew that.