Former Ravens owner Art Modell has passed away.

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. That is someone's husband, father, uncle, etc. Imagine if someone said bad stuff about your relative while he/she was on his deathbed? People would do well to think of others as human beings first, no matter what they did with a stupid football team.

Should they be?

Well said.

Yes. That is someone's husband, father, uncle, etc. Imagine if someone said bad stuff about your relative while he/she was on his deathbed? People would do well to think of others as human beings first, no matter what they did with a stupid football team.

Excellent point.

Absolutely. There are people (murderers, rapists, etc.) who earn derisive comments upon their deaths. A man who did what he wanted with his own GD football team isn't in that category. Those comments are shameful.

RIP

Absolutely. There are people (murderers, rapists, etc.) who earn derisive comments upon their deaths. A man who did what he wanted with his own GD football team isn't in that category. Those comments are shameful.

RIP

I agree with everything you say but the internet isn't the best place to get a true representation of people's feelings. I think when Ralph passes some ppl will act like idiots and we will have to hope that they aren't the ones that the nation thinks represents us Bills fans/Buffalonians

I agree with everything you say but the internet isn't the best place to get a true representation of people's feelings. I think when Ralph passes some ppl will act like idiots and we will have to hope that they aren't the ones that the nation thinks represents us Bills fans/Buffalonians

This ^. This isn't the guy's obituary. He clearly pissed a lot of people off in his time, and people are still going to speak their mind about it. Things said on the internet by anonymous people definitely shouldn't be taken so seriously. I doubt his family is scouring NFL forums right now looking for things people are saying about him... Actually, they are probably jumping for joy wondering when they can get their hands on his money...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Ralph has a 1000x more respect for sticking with Buffalo through thick and thin. I guarantee you won't see these comments for him.

What Modell did to Cleveland is deplorable, he took away a number of jobs from a locality in the name of greed. While I have no ill will for him, I can understand it.

Ralph has a 1000x more respect for sticking with Buffalo through thick and thin. I guarantee you won't see these comments for him.

What Modell did to Cleveland is deplorable, he took away a number of jobs from a locality in the name of greed. While I have no ill will for him, I can understand it.

we have a poster on here who's sn is lifegetsbetterafterralph there are many people who are idiots (not saying that poster is) and most of them can be found on the internet. Hell even the comments in the ralph is in the hospital thread had some people happy/not upset he was there.

I understand Cleveland's ill will towards him. If Ralph moved the team we would all hate him - most of us wouldn't celebrate his death but some would and many others would be indifferent to it, just don't act like this board is filled with angels 0:)

Lol at Bills fans for saying how horrible Cleveland fans are for not shedding a tear over Modells death.

People have said worst things around here about Ralph and he is still alive, there are people here who can't wait for Ralph to die so the new owner can ride in on his white stallion to save the City of buffalo and bring them championship after Championship.

Ralph should have a 1000x more respect then Modell, but that doesn't stop his haters because he hasn't guaranteed that the team will remain in Buffalo forever, just until he dies

Ridiculous (and predictable) argument. How many jobs did he create in Baltimore?

What Model did was move his Cleveland Browns team to Baltimore where he won a SB, I can understand the hate from Browns fans. This happened in 1995, so not that long ago. gotta be painful to be a Browns fan.

Unlike the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland hasn't even been to a super bowl and have been a worse team then the Bills over the last decade. Whereas the Ravens have been a playoff team basically since Model moved them, save for the first few years.

Lol at Bills fans for saying how horrible Cleveland fans are for not shedding a tear over Modells death.

People have said worst things around here about Ralph and he is still alive, there are people here who can't wait for Ralph to die so the new owner can ride in on his white stallion to save the City of buffalo and bring them championship after Championship.

Ralph should have a 1000x more respect then Modell, but that doesn't stop his haters because he hasn't guaranteed that the team will remain in Buffalo forever, just until he dies

It's only hypocrisy if the specific Bills' fans criticizing the Browns' fans have blasted Ralph. I, for one, have not.