Attention Philly area Bills Fans

The Poojer

Here is a note from the Downtown Philly Bills Backers, looks like this year promises to be a lot of fun at McFaddens. Hope to see some of y'all out there

][/b]Hello my beloved Bills fans!

Welcome new DPBBB members! For the rest of you, it has been too long since we last saw each other at our draft party. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did. Meeting Eric, Andy and Chad was great, and it's always nice to be able to root for players knowing they are good guys on top of wearing the right uniform. They've also been busy securing us a bunch more FREE raffle items for this season, so be sure to show up on Sundays for a chance to win!

Summer is sadly over, but is there a better way to cushion the blow than with football season? (HINT: NO!) We finally get to see our new defensive line in action, and my love of the Fitzmagic phenomenon has me believing that--YES--this will be the true year of the beard. I've decided that being cautiously optimistic is no fun, so I'm just going full speed ahead on the Super Bowl train. I mean, what's the worst that can happen? I get beaten down with the hammer of failure so hard that all that remains is a foul puddle of sludge-like heartbreak and shame buoying a Buffalo horn hat? Pff. The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since I was in high school. I eat soul-crushing dejection for breakfast. Besides, I just had my second baby this summer. I need to teach my girls how to be real Bills fans lest they think growing up around here makes becoming one an option.

We open the season this Sunday at 1PM up in North Jersey against the Mighty Mighty Tebows. As bad as Sanchez has looked in preseason, we'll have to brace ourselves for the Jets' top-secret wildcat offense. Because that's been relevant since 2008. Tebow had his worst game ever against the Bills just seven months ago, so we'll see what he's got for us this time. Once again we will be meeting at McFadden's at 461 North 3rd Street. There is free parking in the adjacent lot and in the one diagonally across the street. The only two big changes are the addition of GARBAGE PLATES to the menu (McFadden's is responding to your demand here. These are legit--be sure to try one!), and the introduction of loyalty cards (explained more below). Here's what else you need to know, straight from our awesome manager, Matt:

• Just like last year we will have something to raffle off every week. Autographed items, jerseys, flags etc..
  • Doors will open at 11:30 each week for those that want to get there early for tables/Bar seating
  • Drink Specials: $2 LaBatt Drafts, $3 Labatt Light Bottles, $15 draft Towers of LaBatt, $25 draft towers of Import Beer...$4 Absolute Bloody Marys/Mimosas
  • Food: Menu will be the same as last year with the same pricing, most items $5, (burgers and kimmelweck rolls a little more), except the addition of the "Plates" which are $10.
  • Bills Loyalty Cards: These will be ready to go for week 1. Each week people can get them punched by a bartender, and we will most likely be using these to drop in hats for raffles as the raffle tickets are getting more and more expensive. On the last game of the season (playoffs hopefully) we will draw one person's card out to win a huge prize (autographed game worn jersey, helmet, something along those lines)
  • T-Shirts: I have attached the t shirt design for this year. Color of the shirt will be red or bills blue. Front will have the bills backers logo, bigger than last year, back will have the bills schedule for 2012. Should be somewhere around $15, depending on how many are ordered.
  • Bills Decor: We have new posters, flags, and some jerseys we are getting framed and hung up this year. Should be the place to be for any Bills fan in the city.

So there you have it! Feeling a little more ready for the season now?? I definitely recommend showing up early on Sunday as the bar is always packed in the first few weeks. Also, if you want a t-shirt, let me know what color and size. You can also check out the design and let me know your order on our Facebook page.

Any questions? E-mail me, or hit me up on Facebook. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

GO BILLS!!!!