It's time to walk the Green Mile - Michael Clarke Duncan died

Just Jack

Actor Michael Clarke Duncan dead at 54

http://omg.yahoo.com...-214440462.html

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Clarke Duncan's fiancee says the Oscar nominee for "The Green Mile" has died while being hospitalized following a July heart attack.

Publicist Joy Fehily released a statement from Clarke's fiancée, the Rev. Omarosa Manigault, saying the 54-year-old actor died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital after nearly two months of treatment following the July 13 heart attack.

I love The Green Mile so much. And, he was outstanding in it.

Man, is it just a hereditary thing with his heart I wonder. The guy was in such great shape. And, I was just reading that he became a vegetarian this year and was saying how much healthier he felt.

This is really sad...I don't have a lot of "insider knowldge" like a few of you do here, but I do know someone who spent a lot of time with MCD in the 90s. From what he said, this guy was truly the gentle giant that people think he is. Very smart, almost always in a good mood, and a good friend. This was even back (I think) when he was doing security work, so he probably had a lot of stress going on. Anyway, I never met the guy but I enjoyed seeing him on the big screen.

RIP big guy

So sad, what a loss. An actor who we only caught glimpses of how good he was.

I remember him being nominated for best supporting actor for "The Green Mile", which he deserved.

One of the funniest stories I remember about this guy was when they were filming Tim Burton's re-make of "The Planet of the Apes". MCD was injured during filming and had to be taken to the hospital, while he was still in full ape make-up. When he got their the nurses and doctors could not believe what they saw coming into the hospital.

RIP

So sad, what a loss. An actor who we only caught glimpses of how good he was.

I remember him being nominated for best supporting actor for "The Green Mile", which he deserved.

One of the funniest stories I remember about this guy was when they were filming Tim Burton's re-make of "The Planet of the Apes". MCD was injured during filming and had to be taken to the hospital, while he was still in full ape make-up. When he got their the nurses and doctors could not believe what they saw coming into the hospital.

RIP

LOL, that's great...

I have to give the guy credit for an ice breaker, while I"m thinking about it. I was on a first date when I saw Armageddon. There was a scene toward the beginning where the government had helicopters and an entire fleet of cars trying to track down MCD's character. He was on his harley going about 100mph thinking they were trying to capture him, so he was running like hell. All of a sudden they cut to him and he goes, "COME AND GET PAPA BEAR!!" I don't know why, but she and I thought this was so funny the way he delivered it...we both started laughing hysterically and it really allowed the rest of the time we spent together that day to go smoothly. Good times.