Chicago Tribune on the NYJ

Rockinon

The Buffalo Bills have been flying under the radar even with the major off season moves like Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. Meanwhile, New York is grabbing headlines like this Chicago Tribune article.

We know the Jets have a run stuffing defense and a good number of blitz packages, but their offense is mediocre at best. Last year the team capped off their season with a 3 game losing streak that kept them out of the playoff picture. Their offense only needed to be somewhat competent but failed to deliver leading the team toward the head scratching acquisition of QB Tim Tebow.

How do the Bills stack up?

I think the short passing game for us should match up ok with their defense. It sucks their run d is so good, since that is what we are best at.

I think our d will totally dominate their offense. But I think that we might need the d to score a TD just because our offense still has me nervous, especially going up against this d

It is going to come down to if the offense can pull ot off against their d. The best plays will probably be short passes to Fred and Nelson with hopefully Stevie beating revis. I don't see Fitz being successful throwing deep to anyone with the blitzing. If he throws deep, most those throws will probably get picked off. He should just throw it a couple times deep just to spread out the field a bit.

I think the Bills will run the ball. They have to. They can't have Fitz drop back every play. The offense did score 24pts against them with a lot of guys injured last year. That defense is tough, but I can see Fitz managing the game with a good mix of run and pass. I also think that defense and special teams will be a factor.

I'm feeling pretty confident against this team for a change. Apparently, I'm not the only one.

Check These Predictions

The D-Line will get penetration and force some bad throws. But all pre season this defense has given up big plays and that scares me. The LB's are the weakness in this defense. On offense we should be able to run the ball but we are missing that big time WR like a Calvin Johnson to make the passing game work well.

The D-Line will get penetration and force some bad throws. But all pre season this defense has given up big plays and that scares me. The LB's are the weakness in this defense. On offense we should be able to run the ball but we are missing that big time WR like a Calvin Johnson to make the passing game work well.

Well, then so are 27 or 28 other teams, because there are only about four or five Calvin Johnson types in the league -- and compare the Bills' talent at RB to the teams who have those WR studs. The passing game will work just fine.

Well, then so are 27 or 28 other teams, because there are only about four or five Calvin Johnson types in the league -- and compare the Bills' talent at RB to the teams who have those WR studs. The passing game will work just fine.

I'm hoping we take a WR pretty high in next years draft. Or a big time FA acquisition would work as well.

The defense giving up big plays scares me too, but going up against this offense doesn't scare me. I will be worried when we play a decent offense

I think the short passing game for us should match up ok with their defense. It sucks their run d is so good, since that is what we are best at.

I think our d will totally dominate their offense. But I think that we might need the d to score a TD just because our offense still has me nervous, especially going up against this d

It is going to come down to if the offense can pull ot off against their d. The best plays will probably be short passes to Fred and Nelson with hopefully Stevie beating revis. I don't see Fitz being successful throwing deep to anyone with the blitzing. If he throws deep, most those throws will probably get picked off. He should just throw it a couple times deep just to spread out the field a bit.

Keep in mind, we did pretty well against them in the 2nd game even with all the injuries. We were ahead 24-21 in the 4th quarter and our D couldn't hold. Fitz was 29/36 for 66% completions, 3 TD, 0 INTs

If you are right and our D is able to dominate their O consistently, we should be OK with a similar offensive performance. We could do without the 3 sacks on Fitz.

Your last two sentences seem contradictory to me. You say if Fitz throws deep the throws will probably get picked off. Then you say he should throw deep anyway.

IMO that is the 2nd key to the game. If Fitz throws picks, or we turn the ball over, it's much more likely to go the Jets way. I don't think Fitz should throw deep if he doesn't have time to throw deep, take the sack or throw it away where no one can get it. A few incomplete, picked-off or almost picked-off passes don't spread the field - one has to mount a believeable deep threat to accomplish that.

The Buffalo Bills have been flying under the radar even with the major off season moves like Mario Williams and Mark Anderson. Meanwhile, New York is grabbing headlines like this Chicago Tribune article.

We know the Jets have a run stuffing defense and a good number of blitz packages, but their offense is mediocre at best. Last year the team capped off their season with a 3 game losing streak that kept them out of the playoff picture. Their offense only needed to be somewhat competent but failed to deliver leading the team toward the head scratching acquisition of QB Tim Tebow.

How do the Bills stack up?

If the Jets can hold Fitz and the Bills to only 74 points, blowhard Rex Ryan will describe his team's effort as ''very encouraging''! B-)

Buffalo Bills 74

New Jersey Jets - 0

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

The thing that I liked about that second game last year was that the Jets defense got too aggressive and Fitz was able to use that against them. It's definitely going to be a fun game to watch. They like to bring all kinds of blitz packages. They roll the dice when they do that because they try to get the QB before he can identify the soft spots in the defense. The problem with that is Fitz is very good at identifying what a defense is trying to do.

The Jets may try to play a different game this time around and put more guys in coverage. If they do, the run game gets involved. Man, I am stoked for this season to start!