Teenager vs. Bridge: Bridge wins

\GoBillsInDallas/

My generation... :doh:

I'm all about not feeling sorry for people who get what they deserve, but do feel bad for this kid. Yeah, he was screwing around, but he wasn't doing something hundreds or thousands of people haven't done before. Usually it would be a limo or just a sunroof, but even with the obvious height, I doubt I would have considered bridges if I was thinking about sticking my head through that hatch.

Just a kid having a good time and paying the ultimate price.

Why would a double decker bus have a roof hatch accessible to the inhabitants. Couldn't they just make it inaccessible? Seems like a design flaw.

That being said, I'm sure the kid had no idea that his face could get demolished by sticking it where he did but isnt that what the chaperone is there for?

Why would a double decker bus have a roof hatch accessible to the inhabitants. Couldn't they just make it inaccessible? Seems like a design flaw.

That being said, I'm sure the kid had no idea that his face could get demolished by sticking it where he did but isnt that what the chaperone is there for?

Just a guess, but possibly for emergency exit? Like if the bus tips over?

Chaperon said he told them to keep them closed, but obviously they didn't, though I'm guessing there will be a nice law suit since there was one chaperon for two levels. I don't blame that though, just a kid doing something he shouldn't have.

Just a guess, but possibly for emergency exit? Like if the bus tips over?

Chaperon said he told them to keep them closed, but obviously they didn't, though I'm guessing there will be a nice law suit since there was one chaperon for two levels. I don't blame that though, just a kid doing something he shouldn't have.

Yep, emergency exit if the bus is on its side. Usually school buses have alarms on theirs, wonder if the coach did. Bet it will in the future.

Some of the comments below the article are appalling. The lack of sympathy in some of them is unbelievable.

The lack of humanity in others has always disturbed me. I once was researching a street gang and to make a long story short, I ended up on a website that's devoted primarily to posting video of people being severely beaten, killed, and/or tortured. I didn't watch the videos, but reading the comments I realized that a lot of people frequent that site daily to get off watching people suffer unspeakable agony. And half of them think it's funny. There's a lot of twisted people out there.

We didn't...which is why we can say that.

I knew a couple that did, though.

Just told this story the other day...A kid I went to school with was riding with a friend in Michigan on a country road. They were doing about 45 and doing some swerving just to goof around. Well, they swerved too wide on one of them, hit a mailbox and the post decapitated my friend in the passenger seat.

The lack of humanity in others has always disturbed me. I once was researching a street gang and to make a long story short, I ended up on a website that's devoted primarily to posting video of people being severely beaten, killed, and/or tortured. I didn't watch the videos, but reading the comments I realized that a lot of people frequent that site daily to get off watching people suffer unspeakable agony. And half of them think it's funny. There's a lot of twisted people out there.

You are so right about that.

People that get off on other people's pain and misfortune is something I can not comprehend.