Trouble With The Curve

I'm predicting that it doesn't get an Oscar nomination after yesterday's speech...

Wouldn't surprise me if that turned out to be true. But I have to see it first before I can determine if it's deserving. It looks good to me, but I'm a sucker for baseball movies, Amy Adams, Timberlake (dreamy) and Clint. So I'm in.

I'm predicting that it doesn't get an Oscar nomination after yesterday's speech...

a safe bet.

I'm predicting that the movie also will be panned by the critics, with some none too subtle references to how Clint's past movies were good, but he "seems to have lost touch"

That's true.

Look at George Zimmerman!

I can't believe you, of all people would bring up anything having to do with George Zimmerman. Remember this?

Rookie

• photo-thumb-17036.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • pip.pngpip.pngpip.png
  • 381 posts

•  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

Has anyone been keeping up with this story? What a failure of the justice system! How this man hasn't been arrested for murder is beyond me.

Details:

Some Background

911 Calls

Kid was found carrying.....a bag of Skittles and an Iced Tea.

Rookie

• photo-thumb-17036.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • pip.pngpip.pngpip.png
  • 381 posts

•  

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

At the end of the day this is what happened: A kid wanted some candy during the NBA All-Star halftime. He went out and got it and then was chased down and killed by a man over 100 pounds bigger with a gun. Trayvon had no chance.

The last person to talk to Trayvon, while he was being followed: http://gma.yahoo.com...--abc-news.html

Own it. Conservatives rallied behind the guy.

If conservatives rallied around anything, it was the complete hypocisy of the left to advance a false story about a white guy killing a black kid to the embarrassing extent that the media needed to create a new race: white Hispanic.

Meanwhile, blacks kill teenage black boys and girls EVERY WEEKEND in Chicago, but no one says a thing.

Own it. Conservatives rallied behind the guy.

Well, you really didn't have much of a choice to disown it or not, did you? Just because virtually everyone hating on George Zimmerman was a far left nutjob with their panties all wadded up, doesn't mean that conservatives rallied around him. I would say conservatives generally urged caution and a wait and see attitude. That's the difference between you libs and us conservatives. When a coconut falls from a tree we say "I guess I'll be careful walking under that tree", while you guys go screaming at the top of your lungs, "the sky is falling".

You really shouldn't have brought up George Zimmerman again.

• 3 weeks later...

the only reason I would watch it was for Amy Adams.

did someone say Zimmerman?

How close was he when he struggled with and then shot Trayvon Martin?

Forensic tests made public Wednesday show that George Zimmerman's was the only DNA that could be identified on the grip of the gun used to fatally shoot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman says Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist before Martin could get it. He shot the teenager once in the chest.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only reason I would watch it was for Amy Adams.

did someone say Zimmerman?

How close was he when he struggled with and then shot Trayvon Martin?

Forensic tests made public Wednesday show that George Zimmerman's was the only DNA that could be identified on the grip of the gun used to fatally shoot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman says Martin had been on top of him, slamming his head against the ground and smothering his mouth and nose with his hand and arm when he grabbed his gun from a holster on his waist before Martin could get it. He shot the teenager once in the chest.

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what? What is that supposed to prove? Now if they can prove that there was no scuffle...