Last night the announcers think Bradham is a lock

D521646

Ok, no I get it, there is a lot I don't see, but practices and OTA"s film room all of that is supposed to translate on to the field. I loved his college career and I like him and hope he makes the team, but I was just really curious that the announcers had him penciled in without even so much a discussion about it? I thought that it was strange since I hadn't really seen anything from him until last night. He was all ovedr the field last night and is a unapologetic hitter, but he did look a few steps too slow on a lot of plays.

Tim-

Agree that if Bradham made the team, it was based on his performance in camp. As is the case for every player really. If last night's game was the measuring stick to see if he made the team, I'd cut him. He was noticeably terrible in pass coverage and pretty much not noticeable anywhere else.

GO BILLS!!!

Not quite sure what you mean by this, as I thought Bradham led FSU in tackles his last three seasons there. Sarcasm perhaps?

as a person that watched bradham all his years at fsu, no, it wasn't sarcasm. he might have made tackles but he always seemed out of position or making a boneheaded play.

edit: it also could have had to do with him having to play under mickey andrews' defenses his first few years

Edited by bizell

Both Tasker and that other guy think Bradham is a lock for LB? He player ok last night but up until last night he was virtually non existent in my eyes? Did I miss something about his play?

Tim-

The Philly radio guys were saying the same thing about Trent Edwards last night. Go figure.

Both Tasker and that other guy think Bradham is a lock for LB? He player ok last night but up until last night he was virtually non existent in my eyes? Did I miss something about his play?

Tim-

Yeah he made some stud type of plays in scrub time at LB. Also made some nice ST plays.

He has generally been considered as a bright spot along with Ron Brooks during the Bills' poor Pre-Season.

Yeah he made some stud type of plays in scrub time at LB. Also made some nice ST plays.

He has generally been considered as a bright spot along with Ron Brooks during the Bills' poor Pre-Season.

Man I haven't seen it. What I have seen, is him around the ball. Unfortunately because he's been picked on and is two plus yards behind the play. He's a rookie and it's early, but he's definitely not ready for prime-time.

as a person that watched bradham all his years at fsu, no, it wasn't sarcasm. he might have made tackles but he always seemed out of position or making a boneheaded play.

edit: it also could have had to do with him having to play under mickey andrews' defenses his first few years

Bradham really blossomed under Stoops. They're definitely missing his on-field leadership down here this fall (according to the coaches/media types). I think that he's simply a 4th round rookie adjusting to the pro game. He didn't look spectacular by any means, but he didn't look bad either. They've had him in a lot of coverage this preseason. Lots of times he's been right with assignment and the ball has gone elsewhere. I haven't seen the Bills let him freelance in the games thusfar.