craigslist rocks

Reason why i tend to interview people from career fairs vs people applying via Monster/Career Builder.

Sure, I'll throw a apartment for rent fair complete with clowns and free hot dogs. :rolleyes: Yes I have to spend most of a day weeding out junk, but I have a nice pool of applicants to chose from. Babe's have bonus points :thumbsup:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...any specific reason? Career? Love the outdoors? Hiding from a crazy ex ?

Alaska is all. No fences, no roads,no "private ranch-transpass fee." Some thing very few people see- a river valley with no development, no roads or even trails, full of wild salmon and wolves and bears. That's why I drove my truck here 17 years ago with no job offer or knowing anyone. And here I still am

Sure, I'll throw a apartment for rent fair complete with clowns and free hot dogs. :rolleyes: Yes I have to spend most of a day weeding out junk, but I have a nice pool of applicants to chose from. Babe's have bonus points :thumbsup:

I was just pointing out that I prefer to hire someone that at least had the motivation to get off their !@#$ing computer and put on a pair of pants.

that's pretty cool and very ballsy! :thumbsup:

Alaska is all. No fences, no roads,no "private ranch-transpass fee." Some thing very few people see- a river valley with no development, no roads or even trails, full of wild salmon and wolves and bears. That's why I drove my truck here 17 years ago with no job offer or knowing anyone. And here I still am

Damn I wish I had the cajones to do that. Kudos to you sir.

Oh and Craigslist really is the best. I took an old chain link fence down a couple years ago to replace it with a wood fence. I just wanted to get rid of the fence, threw it up on craigslist and recieved 9 calls in the first 5 hours. Fence was gone the next day and I had $200 in my pocket..... was just going to throw it out.

I put a ad in for a apartment I am renting at 11:58 last night[that puts it at the top of that day's page]

Here it is noon next day and I pulled the ad. 20+ calls. Yet people still pay $100's for newspaper ads no one reads. Why?

Craigslist is directly responsible for half the papers in the country that shut down.

PTR