Vick Fitted with Military Grade Armor

I can't see how this is legal. It's giving him an unfair advantage in a game where pain inflicted upon your opponent is a strategy (especially to shake a QB). Sure, the same can be said for pads preventing pain and discomfort, but everyone is using them, it's an even playing field.

In addition, where does it end? Metal helmets and shoulder pads? I sure would want to be tackled by metal/armor exoskeleton.

It's not Vick's fault that he's making the conscious decision to wear a performance-enhancing device? Plus, this is not the same as an injured player wearing extra protection on his injured body part. If so, what's Vick's current injury that he wills to protect?

If this body armor serves to protect the person wearing it, I sure hope it doesn't lead to an injury to the 270 lb DE running balls-to-the-wall into it. lead with the helmet, I'd say. Would be worth the fine.

My only question as well is, is it safe for the other players? Can he get hit in the ribs and not cause injury to the player that hit him? If everyone is safe then cool game on. If it is a potential risk to defensive players then it shouldn't be allowed. If it is on the NFL approved list though, I would assume it's safe for everyone involved.

.......He still won't make it through the entire season though :devil:

My only question as well is, is it safe for the other players? Can he get hit in the ribs and not cause injury to the player that hit him? If everyone is safe then cool game on. If it is a potential risk to defensive players then it shouldn't be allowed. If it is on the NFL approved list though, I would assume it's safe for everyone involved.

.......He still won't make it through the entire season though :devil:

I assume it has been approved and thus the risk to other players is minimal.

I agree he doesn't last the season though.