SEAL writes book on Bin Laden shooting

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently so did the President. In this situation....I'd say Obama served the U.S. people well.

Gutsy call, dammit. Gutsy call.

I mean, yeah, he told everyone 'no' seven times, but that eighth time was totally gutsy.

Edited by LABillzFan

Gutsy call, dammit. Gutsy call.

I mean, yeah, he told everyone 'no' seven times, but that eighth time was totally gutsy.

Yeah....that's what I said. :blink:

Wasn't implying it was gutsy...nor do I pretend to know the details of every intelligence meeting leading up to the assault on the compound. My comment is more towards the policy of shoot first and ask questions later; in response to Doc's post. Not whether to send troops in or 'cancel' again. I imagine the President had some say in whether or not they would make any attempt to bring him back alive. In 'that' case, I suspect 'they' decided to shoot first.

It's bullet justice. No trial, low costs and very effective justice. It's also perfectly reasonable (in my mind) given the atrocities committed by the target and the admissions of guilt re: same.

He's on your "team" (*^*&%^$^#:lol:

What team are you talking about?

Excuse me if I didn't notice that his post was supposed to be sarcastic.

lol you going to come after me?

Nope. I am confident he didn't want his name exposed. just like you wouldn't

Valerie Plame ...... Who outted her?

---------

Sniffing the anesthesia again Doc?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yeah....that's what I said. :blink:

Wasn't implying it was gutsy...nor do I pretend to know the details of every intelligence meeting leading up to the assault on the compound. My comment is more towards the policy of shoot first and ask questions later; in response to Doc's post. Not whether to send troops in or 'cancel' again. I imagine the President had some say in whether or not they would make any attempt to bring him back alive. In 'that' case, I suspect 'they' decided to shoot first.

It's bullet justice. No trial, low costs and very effective justice. It's also perfectly reasonable (in my mind) given the atrocities committed by the target and the admissions of guilt re: same.

LA's post was sarcasm.

What team are you talking about?

Excuse me if I didn't notice that his post was supposed to be sarcastic.

Nope. I am confident he didn't want his name exposed. just like you wouldn't

Valerie Plame ...... Who outted her?

---------

Sniffing the anesthesia again Doc?

Richard Armitage

I've been curious how this went down operationally so I'll get this book.

Fox are scumbags for outing him and putting him in danger. Nothing new here, fox could give a rats asa about US servieman and their families. Just looking to use them for their own agenda, be it foreign war or profit.

No surprise at all the mission was only to kill him no matter what white house says. Imagine the PR spectacle if this guy was in jail and then put on trial. Huge recruiting call for al Qaeda. Not to mention the added mission risks of trying to shepherd aroid a live and defiant Bin laden into a small chopper when time is of the essence.

That whole "proper Muslim burial" was obviously "fishy" too. Whatever that means in this context and with no outside verification.

I've been curious how this went down operationally so I'll get this book.

Fox are scumbags for outing him and putting him in danger. Nothing new here, fox could give a rats asa about US servieman and their families. Just looking to use them for their own agenda, be it foreign war or profit.

No surprise at all the mission was only to kill him no matter what white house says. Imagine the PR spectacle if this guy was in jail and then put on trial. Huge recruiting call for al Qaeda. Not to mention the added mission risks of trying to shepherd aroid a live and defiant Bin laden into a small chopper when time is of the essence.

That whole "proper Muslim burial" was obviously "fishy" too. Whatever that means in this context and with no outside verification.

I didn't even realize there was ever a question about it being a kill mission. Did they say they were going to capture if possible?

Also proper Muslim burial was obviously just said to not enrage people over there or start a passionate response. We dumped his shot up body in the ocean what did people think we washed his feet before hand? This guy shouldn't put anything in his book about the body there's a reason we said he got a proper burial it wasn't for this guy to write a book and say otherwise.

Edited by TheNewBills

My recollection is the stated mission was take alive if possible. That would be consistent with the 'fair trial/due process" system we champion. But any seal trying to take him alive probably would have been demoted to latrine duty for a year.

An opinion no doubt based on your extensive playing of Call of Duty.

My recollection is the stated mission was take alive if possible. That would be consistent with the 'fair trial/due process" system we champion. But any seal trying to take him alive probably would have been demoted to latrine duty for a year.

Are you talking about Bin Laden or Romney? <_<

The official policy was to see Osama, count to 1 mississippi, yell "he's coming right for me" and shoot.

The official also said this: “Through most of the 40 minutes during which U.S. special operators were on the compound, they were engaged in a firefight and successive clearing of the — it was very deliberate. But for most of the period there, there was a firefight.”

The official also echoed a White House narrative that bin Laden had used at least one of his wives as a “shield,” suggesting that he had hidden behind one of them as he “resisted” the SEAL special operators who raided his compound.

However, according to “No Easy Day,” bin Laden was unarmed and was shot when he poked his head out of his door, according to The Associated Press. Bissonnette also wrote that he and his teammates mocked the official story line about a “40 minute firefight” at the compound.

“The raid was being reported like a bad action movie,” he writes. “At first, it was funny because it was so wrong.”

I'd never even heard the "40 minute firefight" thing before. That's funny. SEALS only fight forty minute firefights when something goes seriously FUBAR in the first five minutes.

Like you know any SEALS. Hell you're proibably one of the idiots here wondering why we didn't drop tanks in to support this raid. :nana: