Jay Rosen: United Airlines employee

I love how people complain when they have to wait for security for an hour then fly to Tokyo when it took a few months to do that just 100 years ago

Yes but then there are those of us that remember flying with no security. You just walked from the ticket counter (didn't have computers to print boarding passes) to the gate. Imagine that.

Yes but then there are those of us that remember flying with no security. You just walked from the ticket counter (didn't have computers to print boarding passes) to the gate. Imagine that.

I remember being able to go to the gates without a ticket to meet arrivals.

I remember being able to go to the gates without a ticket to meet arrivals.

Yup. My first flight my father saw me off at the gate. And I was 20 so it wasn't THAT long ago. Ok, ok it was that long ago.

Ahhh the good old days. remember when you got a steak or chicken dinner on your regular class flight.

And got to eat it with a real metal knife and fork. I remember bringing six bottles of wine in a basket aboard a flight from France. :lol:

Yup. My first flight my father saw me off at the gate. And I was 20 so it wasn't THAT long ago. Ok, ok it was that long ago.

And got to eat it with a real metal knife and fork. I remember bringing six bottles of wine in a basket aboard a flight from France. :lol:

And no baggage fees.