Stupidest Story of the Day

Or any day for that matter.

I dare you to find something more ridiculous than this.

http://now.msn.com/school-says-deaf-boys-name-sign-looks-too-much-like-a-gun

The Grand Island (Neb.) school district is forcing a 3-year-old deaf boy to change the way he signs his name, because they say his gestures violate their weapons policy.

Simply no words do justice,

Another shining moment for America's "educators", the only group that can out-idiot the mainstream media.

I'll see your "Mainstream Media", and raise you "Congress" and "ESPN Football Analysts".

Don't call me, man.. I'm prepared to go ALL-IN with "Random TBD Poster", in the dark.

Works on mine.....and wow, this country is full of dumb!@#$s.

Dude, that's a bit harsh...I'm sure Steve isn't the only one who can't operate his iPhone.

I'll see your "Mainstream Media", and raise you "Congress" and "ESPN Football Analysts".

Don't call me, man.. I'm prepared to go ALL-IN with "Random TBD Poster", in the dark.

:lol:

Now if you had said "random TBD PPP Poster", I would have called uncle. But I'll stick with my "educators" (note: not "teachers", but "educators"), since they are the ones producing those ESPN analysts.

Congress is to be respected. That criminal organization makes the Luccheses and Columbos look like kiddies playing cops and robbers.

Exactly. I work with a guy whose dad lives in Grand Island. I said "there's an island in Nebraska?". He said "nope".

Back in June I was trying to show my fiance where we'd be driving on the way to Niagara Falls. So I did a quick google map search of Grand Island so she could see it. The Nebraska town showed up first and I was shocked. Next I'm expected to see a place called Oceanview in Kansas.

You want really stupid? Look up Grand Island Nebraska on a map.

Sorry... I had to: :nana:

"Grand Island is a long wooded island near Grand Island, Nebraska. The island was known by French traders as La Grande Isle.Grand Island, which is formed by the Wood River and a channel of the Platte River, is the largest inland island in the world. It was the original location of Grand Island, Nebraska, but the town was later moved north of the Wood River. Settlers intending to create a settlement there arrived on July 4, 1857, and by September had built housing using local timber. The island is no longer in existence as the Wood River has no western connection to the Platte."

EDIT: I am trying to source this since it is "Wiki." I wonder how many ways one can define "inland." That means between what bodies of water? Rivers, lakes, etc... If you take a look at the map... Notice the Platte River and the Wood River... There seems to be a very big "island" between the rivers. Seems to be a stretch to call this the world's largest inland island... Maybe the world's largest between rivers?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois