Live feed RNC

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt watch the RNC tonight but heard a lot of yapping from CNN how horrible and awkward Eastwood was. Watched replay and it seemed good to me. It was refreshing that it wasnt scripted, unlike all the other canned crap served up. And the guy's 82, geez cut him some slack. He was certainly a lot more genuine and even more coherent than the headliners.

It's because of these two reasons, why Eastwood's speech will go down as one of the most iconic in convention history. A big problem with living in today's plugged-in world is that we're bombarded with opinions...twitter, blogs, 24/7 cable news political pundits, that it's forced everyone in the public eye to become so polished and rehearsed that we no longer get those "classic" memorable moments.

Maybe this is why reality tv is so big in America, because it's unscripted (to varying degrees). Maybe it's one of the reasons sports is so big, because it's unscripted. Our celebrities, actors, musicians and politicians have all become boring and predictable automatons. I liked Eastwood's speech very much. It cracked me up even though he did have me worried there a couple of times. It was weird and cool at the same time. He's a legend, he's 82, he's the original American "badass" all modern badass wannabe actors were judged against, and he could not care less about which panty-waisted professional opinion maker said what on an internet blog. That's awesome to me.

Edited by 1billsfan

Opinion piece from Big Hollywood;

What Eastwood did tonight was funnier, fresher, edgier, and braver than anything those comedy cowards Chris Rock, Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert have done in 15 years.

http://www.breitbart...ood-Mocks-Obama

Let's not go crazy with the overreaction here. Clint's speech was funny. That's enough.

Romney in New Orleans today to survey the damage.

Barack goes Monday.

BIG "win" for the Romney camp.

They did a very good job this week (not perfect, relax) and out of the gate the next day they get a 15 yard completion on first down.

If I was advising the Romney surrogates, I would tell them to all ACT outraged and shocked that the Obama camp is attacking an American legendary and aging Icon in Clint Eastwood.

Political jujitsu :lol:

Romney camp is really fumbling something that should be a non-issue. Yes this is exposing a pervasive media bias in the first place, but romneys are yet again proving incompetent at playing the game. They're all but agreeing media it was s fiasco and mistake ... when it wasnt ! The party line should to point out the important issues clint raised and transition that into how mitts the guy whose going to address them. "Like in mitts speech when he said blah blah blah ... see he's what the country needs "

Romney camp is really fumbling something that should be a non-issue. Yes this is exposing a pervasive media bias in the first place, but romneys are yet again proving incompetent at playing the game. They're all but agreeing media it was s fiasco and mistake ... when it wasnt ! The party line should to point out the important issues clint raised and transition that into how mitts the guy whose going to address them. "Like in mitts speech when he said blah blah blah ... see he's what the country needs "

The initial reaction from a couple surrogates were on the defensive. But that has changed, Stuart, Romney and even Ann have all come out in support, not to mention all the conservatives on the web. Hell, even bill maher thought it was funny.

Regarding his speech, your not the type that would ever like any conventional type of speech. Your type of candidate couldn't get elected

The initial reaction from a couple surrogates were on the defensive. But that has changed, Stuart, Romney and even Ann have all come out in support, not to mention all the conservatives on the web. Hell, even bill maher thought it was funny.

Regarding his speech, your not the type that would ever like any conventional type of speech. Your type of candidate couldn't get elected

Ann's a proper lady, and albeit that is an old standard, the entire Romney family is really squeaky clean. Cursing is a rare occurrence and she's not used to tough talk, so it's understandable that she was uncomfortable with what went down.

So the grand daddy of American tough guys walks on stage in prime time and in a John Wayne moment, B word slaps the president in full view of the media, Hollywood, and the American people. He singlehandedly handed BO his azz on a platter.

Romney can't go !@#$ himself, and neither can I. I won't shut up and, you're an abject failure. We've got to let you go.
PWND!

Brilliant!

One of the DNC keynotes is a 30 year old professional activist who registered at a specific college so that she can go toe to toe with its core values as a "victim" olf those values and then got in front of CONGRESS and pretending she was a poor college student who couldnt afford a $10 box of birth control pills to talk about it.

The man nominating Barack Obama is a former Democrat President who famously wagged his finger at ALL OF US about how he didnt have sex with "that woman."

Wanna talk about "lies"?

Yeah....lets.

Edited by RkFast

I've noticed a new meme this year from the (*^*&%^$^#wing of the Democratic party. Call everything you disagree with a lie.

No need to support it, just say it with righteous indignation and go hide behind your mommy's skirt like the dickless little B word that she raised.