[closed]The Rise and Fall of Vince Young

I've been reading a lot of people saying Vince Young is "washed-up" or that he's "lost his mojo," but quite frankly I don't believe that's the case.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Fitz was injured during the Super Bowl, down 5 with 1:34 in regulation, that Vince Young would march down the field and put the ball in the endzone for the win.

The guy is a gamer. He turns it on when he has to.

Problem is: when he doesn't have "it" "turned on," he's lazy, careless, and downright unfocused.

We all know how good he is when he turns it on, we all watched him--literally--drag Texas to a national championship.

So why does it take pressure situations, prime time exposure for his lights to go on? I'm left with little doubt, that this was the mental weakness his coaches in Tennessee and Philadelphia also grew weary of.

I still believe he could be one of the best quarterbacks in the game. He could be one of those guys who "just wins TM." But the only thing stopping him is him. Shocked that he's struggling in the preseason? I'm not. These games don't matter, he has no urgency out there, and without urgency the guy looks like he simply doesn't care.

This was his last chance to show the world what he can do. But he blew it.

What a shame. All the physical talent in the world...

I've been reading a lot of people saying Vince Young is "washed-up" or that he's "lost his mojo," but quite frankly I don't believe that's the case.

There's no doubt in my mind that if Fitz was injured during the Super Bowl, down 5 with 1:34 in regulation, that Vince Young would march down the field and put the ball in the endzone for the win.

The guy is a gamer. He turns it on when he has to.

Problem is: when he doesn't have "it" "turned on," he's lazy, careless, and downright unfocused.

We all know how good he is when he turns it on, we all watched him--literally--drag Texas to a national championship.

So why does it take pressure situations, prime time exposure for his lights to go on? I'm left with little doubt, that this was the mental weakness his coaches in Tennessee and Philadelphia also grew weary of.

I still believe he could be one of the best quarterbacks in the game. He could be one of those guys who "just wins TM." But the only thing stopping him is him. Shocked that he's struggling in the preseason? I'm not. These games don't matter, he has no urgency out there, and without urgency the guy looks like he simply doesn't care.

No urgency? How about a freaking job? It's not like teams were lighting up his phone to have at him.

If being out of work is not "urgent" enough, then waive his sorry ass.