[closed]Is fitz the new trent edwards

I hold a lot of hope for fitz and i defended him last year with the "rib injury" but ever since that big hit he took he has not looked the same and so far this preseason he has not shown me anything, lets hope when the game counts he shows up because i think we will be drafting a QB with our first rd pick unless Jackson comes in and takes over and i personal like him and remember how he kicked our ass when moats crushed farve... all in all i still billieve in this team and cant wait Go Bills!!!

i think that the two quarterbacks are quite different. edwards seemingly had superior physical skills to fitzpatrick, but was either unwilling to take risks or unable to process information quickly enough to go downfieldd. fitzpatrick, while physically less gifted than edwards, seems to process the information very quickly and is definately willing to take those risks.

also, ryan fitzpatrick is well respected by his teammates and coaching staff, is a good leader and has all the intangibles you want at the position, edwards seemingly was not wired that way.

Edited by swnybillsfan

i think that the two quarterbacks are quite different. edwards seemingly had superior physical skills to fitzpatrick, but was either unwilling to take risks or unable to process information quickly enough to go downfieldd. fitzpatrick, while physically less gifted than edwards, seems to process the information very quickly and is definately willing to take those risks.

also, ryan fitzpatrick is well respected by his teammates and coaching staff, is a good leader and has all the intangibles you want at the position, edwards seemingly was not wired that way.

Trent Edwards learned the WCO while at Stanford and when he was drafted by the Buffalo Bills all he had to teach him differently were two OC's that should have never been OC's in Turk Schonert and AVP.

Fitz OTOH was drafted by Mike Martz and learned that system. The Buffalo Bills were playing a version of that MM system when Fitz arrived in Buffalo so he acclimated to it right away.

Fitz is the best thing to happen to the Bills since Jim Kelly, my only concern is if Fitz can develop that burning passion to win like Kelly had. Fitz has only played on bad teams his entire career, and I don't see that changing with Gailey trying to force him to play a pseudo form of Tom Brady / Drew Brees in constantly throwing all game long

Please dont get me wrong i like fitz and i stand behind him and he is much better then Edwards, this thread was more of a comparison of how they have looked after major hits Trent was on fire before he got lit up by Arizona and was never the same now fitz was on fire before the big hit in the skins game and so far has not looked the same, its only preseason so im trying to not look into it to much and we should definitely run the ball more freddy should get at least 20 carries that should take the pressure off of fitz LETS GO BUFFALO!!!