rothlesberger blames bills field for decastro injury

I remember that game. Wasn't it an incredibly low scoring game due to the field (6-3 or something, Steelers over the Dolphins) on MNF?

I remember that game. It was a Monday Night game. Pittsburgh was laying 15 points in the game also. I was watching ESPN prior to the game & they were showing the field conditions. The under was like 34. I put $200 on the Dolphins & the under in a 2 game parlay thinking there is not going to be 15 points scored in this whole game. Easiest money I ever won.

The problem with the Steelers field is it is over used. Pitt Panthers play there & my friend used to live down there & he says they have high school games on it all the time. That is fine if you have field turf but there is noway you could get away with that up in the northeast with grass. I think one year they actually ended up resodding the field half thru the season because the grass became dormant due to the cool weather & was not going to grow anymore.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying it is any better or any worse then any other surface in the NFL (although I think it is obvious real grass is safer), but the Bills do not use Field Turf like Roethlisberger stated, they use a turf called A-Turf Titan. FieldTurf is a brand name for a type of artificial surface that many NFL teams use, either in their stadiums or on their practice fields. A-Turf Titan is a different type of artificial surface that the Bills are alone among NFL teams in using at their home fields.