Stupid Trade Speculation

cage

Interesting set of trade speculation on NFL.com

With the Cardinal QB situation playing out so badly, there is speculation that the they could trade Fitzgerald so they don't waste his value on a languishing season.

Not sure if we could have any interest in such a thing, but would love ot see it. What would it take beyond obviously next year's #1?... #2?.... Donnie Jones?

Our receivers then might be Fitzgerald, Stevie, Nelson, TJ, Hagan?

I'd rather see the Bills give up next years #1 pick for Mike Wallace and then pay him the 11.5 he wants. Vincent Jackson got 11.5 from Tampa bay and Wallace is certainly as good or better then VJ.

At this point nobody really knows how good TJ Graham will be this year. But I can only imagine those 4-5 WR sets that Gailey loves to constantly call with both Stevie Johnson,and Mike Wallace. Finally a top 1&2 WR

Fitz is making an average salary of 16 mill per year. Plus I highly doubt the Cards will trade the face of their franchise.

The Cardinals have been "wasting his value" since Warner retired. What makes this year any different? Cards fans would mutiny if Fitzgerald were traded away. Their front office can't be that stupid (or can they?)

Well when they traded for Kolb, they certainly were expecting him to develop, so trading Fitzgerald in his prime would make no sense. But if they've lost confidence in both QBs and feel they can only remedy the situation through next year's first round pick,... it may as well be the #1 overall. Picking up another #1 (plus something else) helps them in the rebuilding.

I don't think its far-fetched they would trade him, but I'm just talking crazy that the Bills would go for it...

The Cardinals have been "wasting his value" since Warner retired. What makes this year any different? Cards fans would mutiny if Fitzgerald were traded away. Their front office can't be that stupid (or can they?)

Makes you wonder what some other team's fans have been saying for 20 years about some Bills players since Jim Kelly retired doesn't it? Especially since Fitzgerald was wasting away to the tune of over 1,400 yards last year?

When they dropped merriman out of the blue, I thought they might be trying to make a space for a P.Harvin, I had heard earlier in the week Harvin was on the block, and the bills were a potential suitor. I thought maybe a 2nd and CJ would get it done. There seemed to be some doubt about if A. Peterson would be able to return and stay healthy. I think if you bring in Harvin, you add a #2 WR, "scatt back", wild cat QB, and KR. Essentially you could dump B. Smith and with his and Merriman money freed up you would be able to sign Harvin it a long term deal. It's not that I don't like CJ, but chan offense seem to be pass first. I don't think CJ catches the ball all that well.

Makes you wonder what some other team's fans have been saying for 20 years about some Bills players since Jim Kelly retired doesn't it? Especially since Fitzgerald was wasting away to the tune of over 1,400 yards last year?

Hey trust me i'm right there with you. I just lifted that phrase from the quoted story; i don't necessarily agree with it.

Fitzgerald is still a great WR and can produce even with the likes of Kolb and Skelton at QB. Trading him away for what? Another 1rd pick next year, along with the supposed high 1st they'll receive? Makes no sense. So then they take a QB with one of those 1sts and what, a top WR with the other? Why not just keep the top WR you already have?

When they dropped merriman out of the blue, I thought they might be trying to make a space for a P.Harvin, I had heard earlier in the week Harvin was on the block, and the bills were a potential suitor. I thought maybe a 2nd and CJ would get it done. There seemed to be some doubt about if A. Peterson would be able to return and stay healthy. I think if you bring in Harvin, you add a #2 WR, "scatt back", wild cat QB, and KR. Essentially you could dump B. Smith and with his and Merriman money freed up you would be able to sign Harvin it a long term deal. It's not that I don't like CJ, but chan offense seem to be pass first. I don't think CJ catches the ball all that well.

Hey trust me i'm right there with you. I just lifted that phrase from the quoted story; i don't necessarily agree with it.

Fitzgerald is still a great WR and can produce even with the likes of Kolb and Skelton at QB. Trading him away for what? Another 1rd pick next year, along with the supposed high 1st they'll receive? Makes no sense. So then they take a QB with one of those 1sts and what, a top WR with the other? Why not just keep the top WR you already have?

When you're wasting the season and then going w/ a rookie next year then you're looking at least 3 years out. Where will Fitzgerald be then? They may be in full rebuilding mode. They have Floyd drafted this year #1 who should become their top receiver in 1-2 years. Take another #1 from us, Donnie Jones (only in 3rd year), along w/ something else?? We're ready to compete now, they're rebuilding for 3+ years out...

Yea, no way a team would trade him unless they got blown away with an offer. He is just 28 years old now, 2 or 3 years of rebuilding and he is still in his prime and a top 2 or 3 receiver in the entire NFL.

When you're wasting the season and then going w/ a rookie next year then you're looking at least 3 years out. Where will Fitzgerald be then? They may be in full rebuilding mode. They have Floyd drafted this year #1 who should become their top receiver in 1-2 years. Take another #1 from us, Donnie Jones (only in 3rd year), along w/ something else?? We're ready to compete now, they're rebuilding for 3+ years out...

Teams dont get better by drafting talent to fill talent they just lost. Just ask the Bills since 2000 how that has worked out