USADA to strip Lance Armstrong of Tour titles, ban him for life

In general, the cycling community thinks the UCI is an abolute joke. An inept beaurocracy of the highest order. But a HUGE part of this case is how the UCI runs cover for Lance. Lance is close to former UCI honchos and has made financial contributions direct to the organization. There is massive conflict of interest there and few think the UCI would rule impartially in any case that could result in sactions of any sort against Lance.

If anything, its the USADA with a higher credibility rating.

You have to see the 60 Minutes piece. Its critical. Look up 60 Minutes Tyler Hamilton interfew on YT.

I'll do that. Thanks for the info.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

wow this latest release sounds very damning ....

The evidence that Armstrong used EPO in the 1999 race was overwhelming, the report said, adding, “No other conclusion is even plausible.”

www.nytimes.com/2012/10/11/sports/cycling/lance-armstrongs-1999-tour-de-france-triumph-takes-a-dark-turn.html?pagewanted=all

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

So cancel cycling in the US as a sport since it obviously is ALL corrupt. Every cyclist uses PED's. Just do away with it. I'm ok with that. the only cyclist 99% of Americans have ever heard of or cared about is Lance Armstrong and he's retired.

Fixed.

But the real question is, what will Armstrong haters do for a hobby now?

Nike just dumped and said he mislead them. He stepped down from his charity saying the controversy surrounding his biking career could negatively impact it. Couple of notable things: Nike did a complete about face on their stance prior to the latest report and did something rare for them and terminated an athlete for cause. In armstrongs statement he makes no claim of innocence. Walls closing in and it seems like resignation and inevitably are setting in. I wouldnt be surprised at all if lance issues his own statement of guilt soon. The longer this lingers the more bad he looks. Could be working on the wording and running the legal and financial implications with his lawyers in preparation.

I wont get into details, but this is turning into a bloodbath. The whole esport is getting shaken to its core. Riders and coaches are getting fired, which you never see, there is talk of all results from Lances tour wins being erased, and the Italians have just exposed a massive doping ring led by Lance's doctor, Michele Ferrari. This has only just begun. LA wasnt just another doper...he was the the pivot point in a massive conspiracy that involved all sorts of nasty stuff. Intimidation. Payoffs. Rackateering type stuff that starts with his teammates and goes possibly right up members of Congress. There is a good chance that one day youll see Lance do a perp walk.

Edited by RkFast

There’s that legend of the three Chinese curses, of increasing severity...

1. May you live in interesting times
  2. May you come to the attention of important people
  3. May your wishes be granted

Definitely applies to Lance’s life.

Or the baseball-mad Taiwanese saying: man with one ball already have two strike against.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

the evidence is overwhelming that armstrong is a world class cheater and liar. why he garners any sympathy or respect is beyond me. seems to me he's another example of american culture accepting such behavior so long as the cheater is good at it and gets away with it...and sometimes even after the cheater is caught. perhaps i'm the outlier but that seems pathologic to me.

Lance Armstrong was subjected to the most strenuous and comprehensive testing ever imagined. Five hundred tests in 13 years. That's 39 tests per year. That's a test every nine days.

None positive. Ever. Not once.

Thank God they can't take his money.

LOL. No he wasnt. He was tested according to the same rules everyone else was.

Oh sir...how naive you are....

http://velonews.comp...-but-how_261616

http://velonews.comp...s-flawed_261599

Furthermore, I wont go too far into the "science" of it, but a doper is "glowing" (ie would test positive) about one day a month. So a little intelligence about when a tester would knock on your door is all it took. Thats it. Also, the idea of taking EPO is to bring your hemocrit levels (red blood cell count) to a spot juuuust below where you would trigger a positive. So if its at say, 43 naturally and a level of 50 would trigger a test, you bring it up to 49. Bingo....you get a performance advantage and dont trigger a positive. There are reports that racers like Bjarne Riis and others who raced before the tests came had levels that were in the mid 60s. Their blood must have been like thick red mud.

The "never tested postive" claim is a scam.

so many haters.....and what's worse is most of them are American....just straight hating.......get a life.

Silly comment. The evidence is now overwhelming. The number of people lining up to testify is as well. The sport is being shaken to its core. This AM, two major sponsors dropped out. Sponsors who have been in pro cycling for decades. Are they "haters" too?

Lance is not just another doper...hes THE doper. If you still believe IN him and want to accept him with his sins, fine. You can do that. Some of MY favorite pros are ex dopers....Riis, Pantani, Valverde, etc. But one can no longer ignore his sins, say they did not exist and cast aspersions on those who have truthfully brought them to light.

Edited by RkFast